PDA

View Full Version : delphi 5 on winXP

Paizo
03-01-2007, 04:27 PM
hi all,

I installed delphi 5 on my pc with windows xp professional. All works fine (delphix too) but i cannot use it under another user account: it doesn't find libraries ecc...say something like "class Tcheckbox not found..."
how i solve that problem?

both account have administrator privileges and i would like they share the same configurations/libraries

i try too look under "C:\Documents and Settings\UserNameXYZ" but i didn't find nothing related to delphi.

thank you for your help and excuse me for my poor english.

AthenaOfDelphi
03-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Its been a long time since I installed Delphi 5 (even though I still use it), but I seem to recall there being an option in the installer to install the registry settings only, allowing you to set it up for other users.

WILL
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I can't remember if Delphi 5 had it yet, but in the versions 7 and up you can choose to install for 'only this user' or all users. Did you choose something along those lines? If so then you may have to reinstall. Or just play with registery if you know what your doing. :P

Paizo
03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
the Dephi 5 i have installed is of 1999 and don't ask for which user is... :D

maybe someone got the same problem and solve it so i'll not play with registry and lucky :P

AthenaOfDelphi
03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Delphi 5 has the option to install just the registry settings. Don't forget, the security model for XP is pretty much the same as NT which was around when D5 was released.... thus the requirement to install for multiple users was just as much a requirement then as it is now. Its just not handled quite as nicely.

The way to do it is to run the normal Delphi setup. It will ask for the key etc. and eventually will prompt you for the type of installation... at the bottom of that form is a check box that allows you to install just the registry settings. How exactly it works after that I don't know because I've never had cause to install D5 for more than one user on a machine, but the option is there.

Paizo
02-04-2007, 02:22 PM
just for say that there isn't a "registry only" installation on delphi 5.
I solved by manually searching delphi-borland related keys on the user registry with delphi working and imported them on the other user account ( the one where delphi didn't work ).

Hope it help other people

AthenaOfDelphi
02-04-2007, 03:24 PM
http://athena.outer-reaches.com/pgd/d5regonly.gif

That looks VERY much like a registry only installation option for Delphi 5 to me.