PDA

View Full Version : Bug in PASCAL tag handler?

AthenaOfDelphi
13-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Hi WILL,

I've just been trying to drop some code into a post in Chesso's discussion thread about AI for his game... the code can be found here (http://ore.outer-reaches.co.uk/files/unitOREEnemyClasses.zip).

When its put into the post using the [ PASCAL ] and [ /PASCAL ] tags, it merges the last two procedures (gotoXY and pathComplete) into an incoherent erroneous mess.

Is there a limit on the length of code we can post? Or is there something weird in the code thats breaking the PASCAL tag handler?

WILL
13-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey Athena,

There is a size limit for the BBCode pascal tags as I recall, but I don't know the exact size. I believe it relates to the timeout duration for executing PHP code as the longer the code the longer it takes to parse it all. If you can try posting your code in segments using a couple of pascal highlighter tags that might solve the problem for you.

As far as the PHP timeout issue goes however, it's not something we can do too much about to cheat though as it's universal among all of the scripts run for the host, let alone the site it's self.

Doesn't mean it's broken (unless your code was small), it's just the kind of perks is has.

AthenaOfDelphi
13-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Will,

The code is in the ZIP file in my original post here.

I would have thought a script timeout would have resulted in the last part of my post being dropped, not the last portion of my PASCAL segment, thats why I mentioned it :-)

AthenaOfDelphi
13-01-2007, 05:25 PM
As an aside, you can override the default script timeout from php.ini with:-

void set_time_limit ( int seconds )

If seconds is 0, no time limit is imposed.

savage
02-02-2007, 02:29 PM
try
PascalTag := Working;
finally
end;

WILL
02-02-2007, 02:45 PM
"Yay!" -- :clap: :salute: :clown: :joker: :spidey: :lol: :shock: :D :thelion: :toocool: :) :pharao: :viking: :pig: :batman: :cat: :alien: :left: :cylon: :elephant: :thumbup: :right: