PDA

View Full Version : Mod recruitment

BlueCat
07-11-2002, 08:58 PM
Right everybody, it's getting busier around here and myself and Alimonster are starting to feel the strain :shock:

We need to recruit some moderators, this would involve taking responsibilty for one or more forums and making sure that the content of posts in those forums is suitable. By suitable I mean:

Topics are in the correct forum, they will need to moved if they are not
Posts are 'on-topic'
Posts do not contain abusive or offensive comments

There would be a certain level of commitment, ie you don't go on holiday for 6 weeks and leave the forums unattended :lol:, but don't worry nothing too serious. Basically the idea is that we make DGDev a friendly and helpful place to visit, which so far it has been.

We could really do with the help, there's only so much 2 people can cope with.

So if you would like to be a DGDev Moderator now's the time to sign up.

Please contact me with a 'private message', and tell me which forum(s) you are most interested in moderating.

I'll take a look at your messages and hopefully get back to you with an 'offer' within 24 hours! When we have everyone signed up I'll make an announcement and upgrade people to Moderator status.

Thanks

BlueCat - DGDev Admin

Michalson
07-11-2002, 11:12 PM
How can I be of service? :twisted:

BlueCat
07-11-2002, 11:27 PM
:shock:

Useless Hacker
08-11-2002, 09:18 AM
*cough*

BlueCat
08-11-2002, 09:32 AM
There's been too much *coughing" going on around here lately!

Thanks for the response so far. I have pretty much everything covered now except "DirectX Graphics" and "DirectX Sound", so let me know soon if either of these forums make you feel like a moderator :twisted:

BlueCat
08-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Update - I've contacted several prospective moderators and I'm waiting for replies, illunis and lnpneil are already actively moderating (I hope!), I'll make an announcement listing all the forums and their mods later on.

iLLUNis
08-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Doing our best boss.... :D ....Alimonster went off the subject but i think i ll let him go away with it this time..... :P

lnpneil
08-11-2002, 02:40 PM
I'm here :D

Lurking in the shadows waiting for a post to pounce on and wield my brand spanking new mod-stick :twisted:

Hehe

Neil

TheLion
08-11-2002, 04:30 PM
Waiting to use my enhanced powers! :) I can feel them running through my vains! :twisted:

No, just waiting for posts to read and debugging my space shooter, since the spacecraft sometimes comes alive and that without AI! :shock:

BlueCat
08-11-2002, 10:02 PM
Well it's Friday night here and I've had a little alcohool, the forums are very quiet, don't know why I'm here really... oh yeah moderators

We have new moderators:

Alimonster - General (Programming), Games
BlueCat - News, OpenGL, DirectX Sound, Getting Started with Delphi
Illunis - Forums, Chat, DirectX Networking
Lnpneil - AI
TheLion - DirectX Graphics
Useless Hacker - Your Projects, General Discussion, DirectX Input, DelphiX
Zanthos - Network

I know nothing about DirectSound so if anyone wants it, you're welcome to it :D

Big thanks to all our new mods

Back to the bottle now

:mrgreen:

iLLUNis
08-11-2002, 10:52 PM
Well it's Friday night here and I've had a little alcohool, the forums are very quiet, don't know why I'm here really... oh yeah moderators...

Back to the bottle now

:mrgreen:

I couldnt agree more.....there is nothing on the TV.....the weather is a bit better...just go out.....have a few pints....come back...sleep...wake up....have a hangover.....post.... :P ....i ll do it in a while.... :wink: