PDA

View Full Version : DelphiX and moving desktop icons

Damot
30-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Has anybody else had problems with running DelphiX in 640x480 (16bit) causing the Windows desktop icons to re-position themselves when you exit your application?

jasonf
30-01-2007, 01:48 PM
is this when you're running full screen?..

What could be happening is that your desktop resolution is changing to get it to go full screen and windows is repositioning the icons to suit.. then when the window resizes to your original size, the icon's positions are retainined in their 640x480 configuration... this sounds naughty though, I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be doing this.

I've not noticed this myself, perhaps someone else has...

What code are you using to go Full Screen?

AthenaOfDelphi
30-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I used unDelphiX with a variety of resolutions during last years competition. It never moved my desktop icons around. That said, I think I was running with 24bpp or 32bpp.

Damot
30-01-2007, 06:42 PM
jasonf that sounds possible. I'm not doing anything special, and it doesn't do it all the time, only occasionally.

That's why I wondered if anyone else had come across the same problem.

Speeeder
01-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I have... Guess you gotta live with it, it's a windows or DirectDraw 6/7 bug I think. It does it with many older apps.

czar
01-02-2007, 09:46 PM
You can get a list of the desktop icons and their locations. Then when your app exits the icons get placed back in their starting positions. You will have to google for some code though.