PDA

View Full Version : GAAAHH!!!!

jasonf
30-01-2007, 03:33 PM
My day is getting worse!!

Why is it that when you're buying a house that everyone wants your money?
I've just completed on my house purchase after a fairly cheap couple of months, saving like a madman and now, everywhere I look, people want cash..

My car included.. I noticed an unusual sound while I was driving to and from the new house, turns out it's a problem with the brakes.

so now, I've got a mechanics bill of £400 to fix the brakes because both discs on the front are damaged and it needs pads all round.. plus fitting. I'm not that annoyed by the price, I'm annoyed by the timing.

jdarling
30-01-2007, 05:05 PM
So, my problems are all your fault. I was supposed to be closing on my new home today. Instead, I get a call at 8:00 last night saying that it will be 12:00 on Wednesday.

As for all things wanting money, I have to build the kitchen before we can move in, so I'll trade your 400 bill for my 5,000+ US bill.

Congrats on the new home though :), and yes, once you buy a house, everything starts getting rebellious and breaking.

Robert Kosek
30-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Didn't you guys know that the instant the warranty expires everything self-destructs at the worst possible moment?

But seriously, at least it wasn't a sudden hospital trip, your engine block seizing completely (out of warranty), or something more serious than that! However I do wish you well. ;) Good luck on the bills and keeping everything going.

jasonf
30-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, so far I've spent over £2k on things for the house, kitchen appliances, leather sofa-bed and other bits & bobs... the wife wants me to replace the carpet with wooden flooring and I've got to build a workshop in the garden for her project work...

I think when I was put on this earth, I was never destined to have money.. I can look, but as soon as I get within touching distance, something always happens.

I feel like Scrat the squirrel from the movie - Ice Age, with his acorns :lol:

Robert Kosek
30-01-2007, 07:07 PM
I feel like Scrat the squirrel from the movie - Ice Age, with his acorns :lol:... yikes! That is one appropriate description of what it feels like. :lol:

*scrambles after a better paycheck*

Right now I'm literally paid in peanuts for part time work, but a paid contractor position is better than than an unpaid internship. I was fortunate to get what I've got. It paid for an overdue PC upgrade. *shrug*