PDA

View Full Version : I want to create a game

Dr Meduza
25-04-2003, 05:52 AM
I want to create a game as a subculture. Want someone join to me? :)

Traveler
25-04-2003, 07:16 AM
I doubt someone will join your project right now.

A)
You didn't mention any details, 2D/3D, directX/openGL. If the latter, all from scratch (using nehe's excelent stuff) or will you be using a library like glExtreem, glscene or perhaps the A3D nGine

B)
Tell us (or better show us) what you have done so far.
About a year ago I had someone asking me if I wanted to join a project. The guy was very enthousiastic about it, had all kinds of ideas, but as it later turned out he had absolutely no programming experience at all.
A very bad way to start a project, if you ask me.

C)
The usual argument, a game like subculture takes a team of skilled developers at least a year. How long do you think it's going to take you?

I could probably come up with a couple more things, but have a go at these and people just might become interested.

Alimonster
26-04-2003, 01:57 PM
I remember that one of our members, TheGott (http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=130), wanted to create a game too -- try pestering him using AOL Instant Messenger. His AIM screen name is TheDanishGott. Having said that, though, he doesn't seem to have been around here much.

Traveller is right, by the way -- a little more information about your project can be helpful for people that may want to help out (plus we're all nosy around here ;)).

Dr Meduza
28-04-2003, 05:13 AM
Game will be D3D ( I using clootie DX9 from clootie.narod.ru ) game tipe is RPG and now I have done 0% :wink: