PDA

View Full Version : Multiplexity: Circuit Fighter

alexione
09-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi, everyone!

Mindnever's back again! Last year we coundn't compete because I was serving Military Service. This year, we have another problem - 2/3 of us are working all the day :) So, here's an abstract of our entry for this year's competition. This evening, I'll finish GDD and hope to send it in time :)

Working Title: Circuit Fighter

Abstract:

Circuit Fighter is single player mixture of arcade flight-sim, racing game and puzzle solver. The basic goal of the game is to win a single level. Each level is won by solving a puzzle. To solve a puzzle, player needs to collect several kinds of circuits and assemble a puzzle. There are, basicly, two kinds of circuits: ordinary and special ones. Ordinary circuits are collected by killing NPCs which fly around in a universe. Special circuits are collected by winning races. Note that there are always several ways to solve a puzzle - player can choose about this depending on collected circuits (ie, he can choose to kill more NPCs instead of winning race, or vice versa). All the flight-sim is actually 2D with 3D view (like one presented in sodoma two years ago). Later, levels will be organized into tournaments, and, depending on time, we plan to make tutorial tournament.

Implementation:

For this competitoin, we'll use NODE (also used in sodoma) - http://node.mindnever.org/ - for rendering, audio playback, collision detection, UI, data organizing, script-based configuration. Physics, gameplay, and all other programming stuff will be coded specially for this competition.

All the best to all competitors!
And good fun and hard work to judges!

WILL
09-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Oh man... this competition is starting to get really nasty now. (Not just because you decided to call your game crap. :lol:)

Nice to see you guys back for another round at the PGD Annual. :thumbup:

Don't forget to submit your entries through the competition system!

NecroDOME
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I really like the name :)

alexione
12-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Ok, after reconsidering our project's name, we renamed it to something more appropriate :)

WILL
24-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey guys hows the game coming along?

Can we look forward to a submission this stage? :)