PDA

View Full Version : OGG with SDL_mixer

3_of_8
24-02-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm currently trying to play an OGG file with SDL_mixer.

I can play it as music and I can play WAVs as chunks, but when I try to load an OGG file as a chunk with Mix_LoadWAV it says "Unrecognized file type."

But I read on multiple pages that I can load OGG files with Mix_LoadWAV. What is the problem about it?

savage
24-02-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm currently trying to play an OGG file with SDL_mixer.

I can play it as music and I can play WAVs as chunks, but when I try to load an OGG file as a chunk with Mix_LoadWAV it says "Unrecognized file type."

But I read on multiple pages that I can load OGG files with Mix_LoadWAV. What is the problem about it?

Are you using OGG files for music or sound effects? If it is for music you should be able to use...

music := Mix_LoadMUS('music.ogg');

3_of_8
24-02-2007, 08:56 PM
I already said, it works fine with music, but that's not what I want.

Anyway, I got it running with Mix_LoadWAV by downloading a newer version of the DLLs.

savage
24-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Hmm, I really should read posts more thoroughly before dishing out useless advice.

3_of_8
25-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Never mind. ;)

gintasdx
06-04-2011, 08:52 PM
I noticed that Hedgewars (http://www.hedgewars.org) game uses custom SDL_mixer library so you don't need to carry on additional 3 OGG libraries.

Edit:
Okay I figured out that you need to use SDL_Mixer 1.2.6 to get rid off OGG Vorbis libraries.