PDA

View Full Version : Stage 2 Highlights

WILL
06-03-2007, 08:36 PM
<center><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIftHbyou-Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIftHbyou-Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></center>

While all the teams are waiting on the results from the 2nd stage, I've made up a small video showing some of the highlights from their entries thus far.

NOTE: This is only a sampler of some of the games in their current, heavily unfinished state. Those games that could not be recorded via FRAPS, I've used CamStudio instead, but the quality of the frame rate suffered a bit unfortunately.

3_of_8
06-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Weeeh, mine was in it, too. *narf*

vgo
06-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Nice to see some video from the entries. The jet fighter racing game looks really cool already. :)

WILL
06-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Well these aren't ALL of the entries.. and likely not all of the best of them.

There is another 3 or so months to go and about a 10 team 'drop' in submission from Stage 1.

This is not unusual as last year we had a drop, though not as big. I think this is partially due to the larger interest this year and other factors such as real life commitments and such.

I'm sure there may even be a few extra teams joining in late after the 2nd stage. They will lose some points for this, but it doesn't nessissarily mean that they will be completely crippled by it.

Keep up the good work guys! :thumbup:

Huehnerschaender
06-03-2007, 09:53 PM
This video was really a litte surprise.

Nice to see some other entrys :)

And by the way. Most of the entrys seem quite far for this short development time. So I guess we will see some great games in the end of the competition.

Traveler
06-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Nice work there WILL!

And kudos to all competitors as I can see some great work in that video!

czar
06-03-2007, 10:53 PM
This is exciting - looking forward to seeing the progress.

WILL
07-03-2007, 04:12 AM
Thanks guys... I'll try to do one for each stage... no promises though. ;)

NecroDOME
07-03-2007, 09:07 AM
yeah, nice :) (thanks for your comment in the jet fighter racing game :) )

chronozphere
07-03-2007, 01:54 PM
eh.. that video is very cewl :wink:
nice to see those games in action.

Ñuño Martínez
07-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Really nice video. I think I must take my own and start working right now if I want to finish something before the end of the competition. :cry:

wodzu
13-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Cool video.

To the author of the tetris-like game: please finish it. I miss good tetris game and surely try out yours :)

I whish to had more time to take a part in competition :(