PDA

View Full Version : Asphyre questions

seiferalmasy
16-03-2007, 05:20 AM
Hello. It is me haha

Yes, I am gonna give asphyre a shot. made a few games with delphix and i will always be greatful to jaro and hori even should i switch.

But, somethin tells me i will end up usin both.

Anyway I have a few questions:

How hard would it be to convert my games from delphix to asphyre? (if this is too much hassle i won't bother doing it)

how well does network gaming work?

Does asphyre support dual shock/rumble for input devices?

How hard is this going to be for me to learn, given that I am self taught and learnt delphix mostly on my own?

Thanks all

seiferalmasy
16-03-2007, 05:28 AM
actually i am checking to see if theer is joystick.pad support first:)

seiferalmasy
16-03-2007, 05:33 AM
doesn't seem to be edit button here either;) anyway, I have found out about the joysticks, and the code looks to be evry similar to delphix.

So just need to know how much work there would be swapping code from delphix to asphyre and most importantly, what network games run like:)

seiferalmasy
16-03-2007, 05:38 AM
well this has been a royal cock up people.

Should have checked around instead of being lazy. all my questions apart from opinions on network are ansered. :roll:

so: how does network game operate? Then maybe someone delete this mess :shock:

Huehnerschaender
16-03-2007, 07:50 AM
You should check www.afterwarp.net

All your questions can be answered there and you will find TONS of samples. Even network gaming samples are available.

But keep in mind that Asphyre changes to version 4 right now and there are not much sample for Asphyre 4 at the moment.

But when you stick on Asphyre 3.1 (which is absolutely great!) then there ya go.

If you want to use Aspyhre 4 then you probably should wait a few additional weeks until final version is out and more samples are available (thats what I do, because I want the enhanced 3D support (Asphyre 3.1 is absolutely great in 2D graphics, in 3D there are some things missing I need to make games))

Greetings,
Dirk