PDA

View Full Version : Problem Posting?

AthenaOfDelphi
16-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi all,

Since I've been trying to help out WILL and Savage by getting any remaining problems with the sites scripts fixed up, I figured I'd ask the question....

Nitrogen has mentioned he had problems posting (and staying logged in). He got a message about an invalid session ID when he tried to post. I've also had this same message when I tried to post earlier today.

So, have any of you received this message (if you are running the PGD theme, it probably came up black in a black box at the top of the form and promptly dropped you back to the message editor).

If you have, can you post details here... if you are having problems staying logged in, post the details here also.

Thanks guys

Traveler
17-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Nope, I have not received such a message (yet).

savage
17-03-2007, 12:09 AM
I've not had any problems either and I log in 10-20 time per day.

vgo
17-03-2007, 07:01 AM
No problems here.

JernejL
17-03-2007, 07:36 AM
no problems here either.

AthenaOfDelphi
18-03-2007, 11:03 AM
After having a look at one or two bits of the server configuration, I raised a couple of issues with Savage. We took the decision last night to remove some items of configuration that concerned us.

The site (at least we thought this) appears to be slightly faster in handling requests. We tried a few things out and found no apparent problems.

So, please keep your eye on things... any problems let us know.

savage
19-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Has anyone noticed any speed improvements with the site?

technomage
19-03-2007, 09:18 PM
no, but I keep loosing my session and having to log in again? the remember me check box doesn't seem to work....

AthenaOfDelphi
19-03-2007, 10:34 PM
no, but I keep loosing my session and having to log in again? the remember me check box doesn't seem to work....

What browser are you using?

Try deleting all the cookies from the site and then logging in again... could be that one of the cookies is broken. I had a similar problem, and on occassion the site does forget me, but normally its fine.

technomage
20-03-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm using Firefox 1.5, but it worked this morning. So don't worry about it :D

Robert Kosek
20-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't really experience these problems, but I suspect my login cookie isn't lasting as long as it should. I log in monthly, since it doesn't seem to last longer any more.

Traveler
20-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't really experience these problems, but I suspect my login cookie isn't lasting as long as it should. I log in monthly, since it doesn't seem to last longer any more.

That shouldn't be the case. I only need to relog whenever I delete my cookies.

Robert Kosek
20-03-2007, 01:59 PM
That shouldn't be the case. I only need to relog whenever I delete my cookies.Strangely enough, it is. I'm not deleting cookies, and I visit frequently so it isn't pruned or anything. It's just that I am suddenly logged out at a random day in a month, so I log back in. Nothing serious really, but sometimes it can be annoying.

WILL
20-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey Robert, do you set your browser to nuke cookies after a specific amount (datasize) is obtained or at a specific time of the month?

I know that some browsers will allow you to do as such for cookie/cache maintenance.

Robert Kosek
20-03-2007, 02:43 PM
I have done neither; if anything I have told my browser and ad-ware scanners to whitelist PGD's cookies. That's why it's so bizarre. Maybe I missed one or something.