PDA

View Full Version : Lazarus 0.9.22 Just Released

WILL
01-04-2007, 04:38 AM
For those of you who have been waiting for it, here it is... Lazarus 0.9.22!

A lot of work has gone into the LCL and the GUI on this one. Including a feature that I think many was hoping for for a long time (I went to the head honcho myself for this one as well!) a 'Close Project' option under File in the main menu.

Also the interface widgets have gotten a number of improvements; namely gtk/gtk2 (gtk2 has improved synedit speed), carbon, win32, Qt and wince!

New components!

And converted ISO translations to UTF-8 and removed all non UTF-8.

This version is based off of FPC 2.0.4.

See Lazarus 0.9.22 Release Notes (http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=150&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) for more information!

K4Z
03-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Has anyone tried out this new version?

The Close Project option looks sooooo good, lol. :P :P :P

From past bad experiences, I'm just reluctant to ever upgrade any of Lazarus or FPC with new versions while I have them stable and working. :?

jdarling
03-04-2007, 01:09 PM
I managed to install the new version right over the old version no problems. Well except that I forgot to export my component palette so now I have to re-build it from scratch yet again :(. Honestly, not worth upgrading, the things that needed fixing most arn't in there (Scrollbox and Scrollbars still don't work in windows).

WILL
03-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Lazarus installs over the previous version very nicely now. The big leap from 0.9.16 to 0.9.16 (I believe) was where they changed the way FPC was stored so that was the only break in this general rule.