PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Delphi/BDS debugger freezing

vgo
12-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Anyone else noticed that Turbo Delphi/BDS tends to freeze the whole damn PC every now and then? It seems to do this a lot with multithreaded programs and when an exception occurs in one of the threads the whole damn thing just freezes! It takes MINUTES for the IDE to show the exception dialog and after that it takes SOME MORE MINUTES until I can kill the app. Usually if I continue running it'll just freeze so badly that I have to reboot, or wait about 15min or more for the task manager to kill the bastard.

Is the .NET crap in the IDE the culprit to blame, or what? I've never seen this kind of behaviour in Delphi7 and I'm thinking about uninstalling the BDS crap and go back to the good old IDE that actually works...

JSoftware
12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I've only experienced this phenomena while I was trying some threaded class which I had forgot to put some bounds checking on. It just spawned threads all the time. It reached some 10000 threads when the ide locked up...

Setharian
13-04-2007, 05:54 PM
I've read somewhere that it has something to do with COM and some global mutex becoming deadlocked...but can't tell for sure...