PDA

View Full Version : DLL PageControl redrawing

M109uk
14-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi all,

http://www.pulse-soft.oneuk.com/images/stories/xngine/sceneEditor.jpg

I have a form within my Engines DLL, this form has a PageControl component, the form displays fine as displayed in the picture (on the left) how ever when i change the active page, it doesnt get redrawn. ie. when i click on the 'Vertices' tab the tab changes but the actual tabsheet does not, if i change the parent tab from 'Propertise' to 'Structure' and then back again this will redraw the sheet.

I have tried to call update, refresh and repaint to all controls yet this does'nt work. i have also tried using TNotebook instead but i get the same problem. Does any have any ideas why this would happen?

Chebmaster
15-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Since a DLL is a complete, independed executable, it has its own unique data structures regarding the classes - e.g. VMTs. *Any* call from the main executable to the object created in DLL and vice verza can result in nothing but disaster.

M109uk
21-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I decided to have all the forms with in the DLL because i wanted to be able to update my engine and geometry objects with out needing to constantly update the scene editor and any other editors.

I have a temporary solution, every time the OnTabChange event is called i tell the applications tabsheet to change.

Thanks again.