PDA

View Full Version : SUDS beta is released : A text adventure game creator

wisebede
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello all. For the past few months I've been working on (heavily) updating SUDS, which is a text adventure player and creator written in Delphi. Its free. I've released the beta which mostly works because I'm about to go away for the month.

There are very comprehensive tutorials with the constructor. I would be very grateful indeed if someone could download SUDS and work through them (It might take a couple of hours. They are big) to check that they make sense.

I've still got a small list of todo things left. Yes, I know text adventures provoke a marmite reaction in people. But they are fun once you get to know them. Really.

The website is at www.sudslore.org. I can't even decide if I like the colour scheme or not. Thats why I'm going to leave it for a month before making final decisions.

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

jdarling
01-05-2007, 07:52 PM
All I get is exceptions stating the the database can't be loaded from C:\projects\suds\creator\cdata\suds.abs no matter if I try and run the player or the creator. Looks like a hard coded path problem, but then again, I can't find any abs files to move around either. How about a nice little installer and some testing on a virgin system before calling it release ready :)

wisebede
01-05-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't personally trust installers with potentially flakey software (Like I've just shamefully shown. Sorry.). With a zip, you know exactly what there is.

Anyway, there is a new version. This one doesn't have the db path hard coded.

jdarling
02-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Latest version seems to run. I'll take a look through it as I love text games.