PDA

View Full Version : Game Title?

Angelo
10-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi,

I've got a problem... a huge problem, and that is the game title, which is very very important I think.

My idea:
Creating an online *car*tuning game, which will be a simulation.
So, no real-driving, but you can tune your car however you want, every single engine/body part will be able to be tweaked.

Problem:
I've got this idea in my head for already 3 years, since I'm loving the tuning world.
So I already came up with a few game titles, like:
StreetglowGame, StreetTuner....

But I don't like those 2 names, why not?
StreetglowGame -> Looks like stolen from the neon brand "Streetglow".
StreetTuner -> Some amateuristic name.

So could anyone please help me out with a good title?!?!

Thanks in advance,

Angelo.

jdarling
10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, a good starting point to finding a name is to write up a detailed description of your game. Then have quite a few people (forums are good for this) read the document and give their ideas. A quick bullet list doesn't really help as the details are lacking.

If someone can read a story start to finish then they can usually suggest some type of name. Take the names you get, along with any you come up with, and create a poll on several target sites. Sites around Tuning, Gaming, and other focused targets.

Take the top X (typically 3) names and flush them out into a storyboard of images showing how you would display the name and how it would work into the game play. Again have a vote or poll about the titles.

Your name should become apparent quickly.

savage
10-05-2007, 06:19 PM
1. Tunetonic

2. TuNeiT ( or TNT for short )

Not much I know, but those are the only ones that jumped into my head.

You could also use variations on Tweak.

Legolas
10-05-2007, 06:27 PM
If your game will have a cartoon style you could name it CarTooning or... well, something similar :D (I love those puns! :mrgreen:)

JernejL
10-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Ricengine? (rice & engine, get it? ;) )

edit: what about tiretuner?

jasonf
10-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Clip-on
SpannerZ
Rachet Rampage
Grease Monkey Madness
Tune Eezee
Fantasy Fettling
Tweak Rod
Neon vs Chrome

Although I don't see the point of fettling a car to not be able to drive it... what's the point of modding it?

Angelo
11-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks all for helping me out...

I really like CarToonic, but unfortunately it won't be in cartoon style :(
Further I kinda like Clip-on and SpannerZ.

@JasonF -> Yes you are right about that part.
I didn't mention it, but in the first versions there will be a simulation, not real driving.
Further on my schedule, I'll try to create dragracing.
And if that will succeed, I'll creating circuits, etc.

But at the moment it's not in schedule, since I'm first establishing the connection etc.

Don't worry though, it will come ;)