PDA

View Full Version : Automatic document creation (like Doxygen)

Srki_82
15-05-2007, 08:21 AM
I found PasDoc that works like Doxygen. Do you know some other tools that can generate documents out of Pascal code?

cairnswm
15-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I have a slightly modified version of PasDoc I use. (The source is available and I got permission from the author to modify as I wanted)

Unfortunatly it occasionally throws exceptions like when there is no file open in the editor.

dmantione
15-05-2007, 06:11 PM
We write the Free Pascal documentation with FPDoc. The biggest difference with Pasdoc is that FPDoc builds the documentation using a combination of source code and documentation files, while Pasdoc reads documentation from comments.

The FPDoc approach has turned out to be supperior for us, because if you put all the documentation in comments ultimately it gets "in the way" , because the documentation is very verbose.

Srki_82
15-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm using the latest SVN version of PasDoc and it works quite fine for my needs.

@dmantione
I also noticed that comments are getting bigger and bigger when using PasDoc with functions that require lot of text. Can you point me to some article that explains how to create description file for FPDoc?

Edit: Found how to use FPDoc... makeskel creates empty desc. file and I fill it (LazDoc seems like nice tool for filling desc. text).

dmantione
15-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Yes, that's the approach :)