PDA

View Full Version : Direct3D 10 header naming

Clootie
16-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Quick and simple question, isn't it?

Aparently MS uses D3D10.h, d3d10misc.h, D3D10effect.h names on their headers (and used similar for D3D9). Traditionally multiple C header files are united in single Pascal header and for D3D naming was: Direct3D, Direct3D8, Direct3D9. Should I continue to use this scheme and call 10 version as Direct3D10, or use shorter D3D10?

D3DX10.pas still is preferrend name for D3DX headers. Or you maybe have any other opinions?

WILL
16-05-2007, 09:44 PM
I've always felt that following in the spirit of the API's conventions to be the best bet. Too many deviations could mean it'll be harder to work with other materials using those which cover the API as it was offered in C.

ie. example source or tutorials/books, etc...

jdarling
17-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Short good. Seriously, I hate it when someone gives a long name to a library just to give it a long name. If you can shorten the library names and keep with the spirit of the API then its even better. My vote is the API way of doing things :)

JernejL
17-05-2007, 04:02 PM
I prefer having a single header file over anything else, it will be reasonable, clear and EASY to include (prevously we had directx hell - all different directx files from different sources - imagine progdigy's dspack, clootie's directx8/9 and jedi's whatever dx headers...).