PDA

View Full Version : Pascal OOP Tutorials

DarknessX
18-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone. I was just wondering whether any of you knew of some decent OOP tutorials? I have googled around for about 30 minutes now and found really nothing decent.

Thanks for any links/tutorials you give :)

WILL
19-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Check out the PGD Library under Programming -- General/Advanced Programming

You'd be looking for 'Object Oriented Programming in Delphi - A Guide for Beginners' by Rick Spence. This should give you a fairly good start on the concepts. Which is the important part if you are just beginning.

From there you could get yourself a good book, which will help a lot from time to time or take the time to read through the Help files in Delphi as those contain an excellent reference of the entire language and it's functions. (At least Delphi 3 - 7 did.)

Better books are those that can act as a reference later on should you forget a thing or two. It'll happen from time to time. ;)

DarknessX
19-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Ok. Is there no difference at all between delphi and OOP pascal?

Almindor
19-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Borland is the founder of OOP pascal. First was the TP (turbo pascal) object tyle with "object" but that's considered deprecated (for marketing reasons).

Delphi IS what is today considered OOP Pascal.

DarknessX
19-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Ok thanks. I'm just wondering, can I code delphi in FPC? Cause I absolutely despise the interface of Lazarus/other delphi apps... They are horrible.

pstudio
19-05-2007, 05:47 PM
FPC should support Delphi code pretty well as far as I understand.
But I don¬Ąt understand why you hate the Delphi interface :)

Robert Kosek
19-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Because he's a hardcore commandline guy, aka embedded systems programmer or root level OS (like linux) developer. Forget GUI is their motto. ;)

Operator overloading is different between them, but FPC comes with this awesome PDF help document that will help explain its methods of object-orientation. But you have to enter runlevel 5!

DarknessX
19-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok, thanks. That's all I needed to know :P