PDA

View Full Version : How to enable DX debug runtimes?

chronozphere
03-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Hallo everyone.

IDE: Delphi 7
API: DirectX SDK

I have a little problem because i don't know how to enable the DirectX debug runtimes. This is usualy done using the DirectX control panel. I don't have that. :(

It worked on W98 but somehow i can't get the DirectX control panel working on vista.
I installed the DX SDK April 2007 and it didn't appear. I also downloaded the DX Developer runtimes but that appeared to be a few directories full of DLL's. I don't know what to do with those DLL's. :?

Can someone point me out how to enable the debug runtimes or make the DX Control panel work in vista??

Thank you. :)

chronozphere
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Ohw i think i solved it :o

I googled for "DirectX control panel" and i found some download sites wich offered me a Directx.CPL file. You need to put that in System32 and a control panel item will appear. :)

I also found "DirectX control panel" in "DirectX utilities" in the programs menu. So it IS provided with the SDK, but i expected it to be on the control panel :D.

Clootie
06-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Yea, starting from Feb(?) 2007 SDK DirectX control panel is no longer placed in ControlPanel actually. But can only be located in start menu under "DirectX SDK/DirectX Utilities"