PDA

View Full Version : 2007 PGD Annual: Submissions Closed!

WILL
04-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Well it's finally over. All 4 months of development heaven or hell is over. :) Yesterday was the final day of submissions and now we are ready to move on to scoring and judging.

We will be releasing the Stage 6 goals first, so those 6 teams can look forward to seeing how they did on those goals.

After however our judges will be playing through all the games all over again and getting ready to score and rate under the following categories:

:arrow: Time Management (Deadline Goal Scores)

:arrow: Graphics

:arrow: Music & Sound

:arrow: Game Stability

:arrow: Fun & Innovation

:arrow: Playability

Also this year the judges will be choosing a team for each of 4 of the Excellence Awards. This year we are not counting on the scoring system, but rather the judges themselves to decide among themselves who the winners will be. The results will be a general consensus of all 3 judges.

This years Excellence Award titles are:

:arrow: Best Graphics

:arrow: Best Music

:arrow: Most Innovative

:arrow: The Jan Horn Award (Most Promising Newcomer)

More information about the scoring details can be found on the Details Page (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/competitions.php?p=details&c=3).

The results and the winners will be released after all this is done in a special announcement. I'm sure the fans of the PGD Annual will not be disappointed. :)

A HUGE THANKS to all the people involved in this year's PGD Annual and good luck to all of this year's teams. :thumbup:

Traveler
05-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Heh, the The Jan Horn Award. That's nice! :thumbup:

WILL
05-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah, we thought that it would be appropriate to honour him by naming the award after him. A proper tribute in the Pascal gaming world.

Robert Kosek
05-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Absolutely appropriate. Just before his death, Jan Horn was the person who started me on OpenGL programming with Delphi by the results of an entirely random search (too long ago to remember).

I think that needs to be a permanent award and name here. ;)

jasonf
05-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I absolutely agree, I still remember the day I found out about his tragic loss. :cry: