PDA

View Full Version : 2007 PGD Annual: Stage 6 Results Posted

WILL
09-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Hey everyone.

Scoring on the 6th Stage is now complete! You can view the scores and read comments on the results page located here: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/competitions.php?p=results&c=3

The judges will now spend the next few weeks playing through all the games submitted during the competition. Once the judges have decided on the winners of the main competition and the Excellence Awards holders there will be a special announcement on PGD revealing those who will take home prizes.

You should be able to expect this by early next month.

I'd like to again wish everyone luck, and may the best teams win! :)

jdarling
10-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Christina, regarding Secrets and your questions about tokens. Tokens are earned and spent, and you can run out (actually 3x's are easy to run out of). Once you run out you can't use that token until you find more. If its in your play queue then that spot is completely locked out :) until you either get more, or you manage to find a merchant to reset your play queue.

Guess I need to revisit the sections in the readme and players guide on this topic. Its actually hard to describe, and due to most monsters giving tokens out I can see where the confusion would come from.

AthenaOfDelphi
10-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Ok, has it always been this way? If so, then now I understand your initial statements about the combat queue and it being tricky to keep the order.

Sounds to me like I got completely the wrong end of the stick as far as token usage in and out of battle goes (I guess its clear that I was under the impression that tokens you used during battle were returned to you at the end).

jdarling
11-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Yep, thats the way it has been since about stage 3. Before that the combat queue just took all tokens you had available and put them up in order. This made things a bit confusing for too many people, so I switched over to setting up types instead of actual tokens.

Re-reading my own material, I didn't do a good job of explaining things at all. I'll have to go back and work on that section of the players guide when I get more time. Right now real life is busy kicking my teeth in.

WILL
11-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Might be good to have 2-3 types of tokens. Ones that run out and ones that don't. The ones that don't would obviously cost more or be hard to get. Have different levels or strength, etc.

Then maybe have special ones that do special attacks, etc. But I guess that's a bit limited since you can only fight one monster at a time if I'm correct?

Anyhow pretty decent turn around for Stage 6 had by all. ;)

AthenaOfDelphi
11-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Yep, thats the way it has been since about stage 3. Before that the combat queue just took all tokens you had available and put them up in order. This made things a bit confusing for too many people, so I switched over to setting up types instead of actual tokens.

Re-reading my own material, I didn't do a good job of explaining things at all. I'll have to go back and work on that section of the players guide when I get more time. Right now real life is busy kicking my teeth in.

I don't think the combat system is difficult to understand, its much easier now that you don't have to worry about the queue.... and now I know that tokens run out, then I can plan ahead a bit more... I just got the impression form what I'd read, that tokens were given back to you at the end of the battle. Thats the only reason I raised an issue... now I know thats not the case, I think the combat system is fine and from what I can tell, there aren't any bugs with it.

So I wouldn't worry too much :-)