PDA

View Full Version : Detonator Issues

tronied
12-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Hi

Recently I asked my friend to quickly test out the new editor for my RPG, however when he tried to run it the tile selector could be loaded but the main DXDraw could not which I thought was strange as they were both the same. I then asked him to try installing some old detonator drivers (41.09) from his current ones 43.51, it ran perfectly.

Also, about a month ago I installed the 43.11 to which I found my RPG slowed down from the usual 200FPS to around 6FPS :( . Does this mean that Nvidia are gradually phasing 2D support out? Or is this a bug in their drivers? Has anyone else had these problems? I dont really want to put a warning with my RPG saying "Compatible with 41.09 drivers and earlier".

Thanks

Traveler
12-05-2003, 09:34 AM
I haven't experienced problems like that yet, but I've seen similar messages in the forums at gamedev.net.

Useless Hacker
12-05-2003, 12:10 PM
I have had several problems with nVidia's latest drivers. I didn't notice a slowdown, but using DirectX9's ID3DXLine interface caused my machine to reboot (in WindowsXP).

Alimonster
12-05-2003, 08:39 PM
Try to find a relevant email address at nVidia, tronied, and see what they say about the problem (which I've experienced before). Speaking as a former nVidia owner :evil:, I'm interested in their reason for messing up performance so drastically.