PDA

View Full Version : Monster Maths

WILL
19-06-2007, 07:08 PM
<center>files/news/2007_06_19_monstermaths.jpg</center>

Here is a really neat game that Dom showed me the other day. I felt it needed to be shown to the rest of you all!

The concept is simple; Find the grid location of the creature closing in on the center and click on it to get rid of him before he gets in. Each monster you defeat the higher your score. The monsters get faster and come in greater numbers as the game goes on.

Give it a try it's kind of fun! :D

The game author's thread with download is available here (http://forums.tidemedia.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2494)!

Traveler
19-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Ah, neat little game! :) My score's terrible tho. 33 after the 2nd try.

jdarling
19-06-2007, 09:02 PM
So, is the author a member of PGD? If not, has anyone told him/her that we exist?

WILL
19-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I think that has yet to be done. *hint hint* ;) ;)

I do 'ok' at the game, but then I've always had fairly good spatial co-ordination. I think the trick is to stay calm though. Bunch up and you're a goner. :P

savage
19-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I am in contact with the author and he is well aware of PGD, though he does not visit here much.

cairnswm
20-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Evil_Toaster isn't very active on the NAG forums either.

Evil_Toaster
27-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey Awesome! Thanks for posting the game up here. :)

I just uploaded a new version. Nothing major, but I added a nice lightning effect, an options menu and some music. You can grab it from the game.dev forum post referenced in WILL's post.

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a lurker game developer at this point, having way too much to do and less time to do it in. One day when I get more time (ahaha) I'll be more communityish. ;)

Evil_Toaster
27-06-2007, 07:59 PM
I think that has yet to be done. *hint hint* ;) ;)

I do 'ok' at the game, but then I've always had fairly good spatial co-ordination. I think the trick is to stay calm though. Bunch up and you're a goner. :P

Yeah, if you get flustered for like, 1 millisecond, you die. I am looking at putting in different difficulty levels and other game modes, and might do some sort of mega kill everything bomb to help you recover if you get flustered for a moment.

WILL
27-06-2007, 09:22 PM
np. It makes a fine addition to the front page. :) Also if you add any other cool projects in our My Projects we can make that into a news item too.

Woohoo! The Hypotenuse bomb! :D