PDA

View Full Version : Quiet it be...

jasonf
26-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Where is everyone?... y'all been abducted? On holiday? Drunk? Busy?

I'm bored :lol: , and writing a bye bye email for my company colleagues, as I'm leaving my current employer, starting with another company on Monday..

savage
26-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Where are did you decide to go?

WILL
26-06-2007, 03:55 PM
After I released my latest alpha of the Garland's Quest they all downloaded it and couldn't stop playing. :lol:

FNX
26-06-2007, 03:56 PM
everyone moved to www.cplusplusgamedevelopment.com :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a really quiet day on the forums, i usually don't post much but i read
4-5 times a day. Today is really really strange :?

WILL
26-06-2007, 05:21 PM
This could be a sign that we aren't doing enough to get the word out about the site. ;) ;) *nudge nudge*

But honestly, it does this every year around this time. Young people don't want to sit in front of a desk/computer and learn anymore and the older crowd takes off and goes to some place warmer than they already are. :P

Ah... summer. :p It does kind of suck for those like me who love sitting and banging out new gaming problems, seeing all the cool new games made with Pascal, etc...

Perhaps we should make some more noise around this time of year to get more attention?

JSoftware
26-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Actually I for once got back to my programming projects instead of posting on forums. I managed to make a simple game engine, that is tightly coupled to Remobjects Pascal Script, in 4 days from the ground. Today I scripted a simple tetris game in it. Tomorrow I plan to make a dxball clone :D

pstudio
26-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Perhaps you could move the compo to this time a year instead. I believe many of us (at least those of us in school) have a lot more time to spare than during spring.

FNX
27-06-2007, 08:02 AM
What about a Summer Compo?

Build a game from scratch from July 1 to August 31 with no limitations.
No judge, no rules, just post a game. Then a Poll to the community will
decide the winner of... NOTHING :)

technomage
27-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Nice idea...... :)

I what we really need are more people from the southern hemisphere, that way when it's summer here and everyone is out playing, they will be on the forum :wink:

WILL
27-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Well we need to talk to the South Africans and Aussies then! They are our main SH members. :) And that one guy who is from China...

Actually we do have a few members from Brazil no? And one from Peru... I think... Unsure...

cairnswm
27-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Since when does China = SH?????

Most if not all of Brazil is NH as well.

I just dont get here that often any more - my work has removed all access to PGD, so I only get here in the evenings.

WILL
27-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Ok I guess I had a memory lapse... China is definitely NH. :?

But most of Brazil is SH. :D

HopeDagger
27-06-2007, 11:57 PM
I find that the most game development action tends to be in the latter portion of the year (usually early-winter for us northern hemisphere'rs). It's been fairly quiet in most of my usual gamedev sprawls, too.