PDA

View Full Version : How can i know when is complete?

Sesilla
05-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi all,

i have a question. In my project i have a white background. When i move the sprite around, it color the backgound. How i can to know when the all background is colored?

thanks in advance
Sorry for my english.
Sesilla

pstudio
05-07-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm afraid you'll have to give a little more detail about your program. There's plenty of ways you can solve this problem with (some ways better than other), but it all depends on how you've build your program so far.
Are you using some engine or SDK? A little info about how your program is implemented (which techniques you are using) would make it easier for us to give you some advice ;)

Traveler
05-07-2007, 12:22 PM
An interesting question.

But before we can go any further, we need you to tell us what you're using to draw the images. Plain GDI, or perhaps a directx wrapper like delphix or asphyre.

Traveler
05-07-2007, 12:22 PM
ah shoot, you beat me to it pstudio :D

Sesilla
05-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, for now it's only a idea. I use opengl and i find a way to implement it.

I have a 2d level with a route, when the sprite car move on, the route color change from black to white.

Sesilla

Traveler
05-07-2007, 12:35 PM
In that case I'd go for a grid. Easy to check and fast too.

pstudio
05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
ah shoot, you beat me to it pstudio :Dhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Winks/wink-3.gif

@sesilla
A grid could be the solution as Traveler suggested. I'm not sure exactly what you want to accomplish (do you have to color the hole level or just a route), but it sounds like a grid is sufficient.