PDA

View Full Version : My firs video game!

janevblagoj
15-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Hello!
Quite a while I’m working on my product “Poppy and Rose” which you can download it here: http://www.download.com/Poppy-And-Rose/3000-2111_4-10638405.html?tag=lst-0-3
The game is made in the program language Delphi 6 and I hope that it will take your attention.
Please, after you try the game and study it a little bit, if you can answer the following questions:
- How can I find a video game tester, the best case is that to be some volunteer who will test the game and it will give me critics about the game.
- How is your opinion for the essential value of the game?
- What do you think about the UI of the game (it is made in Delphi 6), can I make it better and can I get some suggestions of how can I do that?
- In which category will you put this game (maybe puzzle!)?
- Is there any company that in cooperation with me can commercialize the game?
- I think that playing on this video game in network can be a real challenge! Do you think same?

Thank you,
Janev Blagoj

Traveler
15-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi and welcome to PGD.

Ive not yet tried your game, but I believe I can answer some of your games.

How can I find a video game tester, the best case is that to be some volunteer who will test the game and it will give me critics about the game.
Your best bet for testers are from gamedev communities like PGD or GameDev.net, and also family and friends. You could also try to put out a call on your own website. Speaking of which, if you do want to take this serious, you should definitely have one. At least for this game. People may want some more information about it before downloading/playing it. Especially if you´re looking for ways to sell it.

How is your opinion for the essential value of the game?
I'm not quite clear what you mean by this.

In which category will you put this game (maybe puzzle!)?
Can't comment on this yet.

Is there any company that in cooperation with me can commercialize the game?
That is possible. You could try sending an email to BigFish or some other publisher. Though, I do advice you to investigate this subject more closely before asking them.

I think that playing on this video game in network can be a real challenge! Do you think same?
Can't comment on this yet.