PDA

View Full Version : PGD Annual: Emergency Replacement Judge

WILL
18-07-2007, 02:41 PM
As some of you might be wondering, there has been a bit of a delay in the final judging of all the entries in the competition. The reason for this is simple. We suddenly lost a judge before he was able to complete his final scores.

Why this happened remains to be seen. We do hope that Alexey is ok and that this is not the result of something bad happening. However, we must push on if we are to successfully resolve the competition's final standings.

I will be stepping in as the emergency replacement judge. However with this comes a few caveats.

:arrow: There are 2 games which worked on the judges systems that do not on mine. (My desktop at work or laptop at home.)

My System Specs are as follows:

: Intel Celeron M 1.8 GHz

1) Laptop: Intel Celeron M 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, AIT Radeon XPRESS (128 MB), 1280x800 60Hz (widescreen LCD), integrated AC97 sound, running Windows XP Home SP2. <sup>1</sup>

2) Desktop: Intel Pentium 4 /w HT 3.06 GHz, 1 GB RAM, GeForce 6200 (256 MB), 1280x1024 60/50Hz (LCD), integrated AC97 sound, running Windows XP Professional SP2.

<sup>1</sup> Mad Catz PC Con controller.

These are the following games which I cannot get working:

:arrow: Deep Sea Redemption
:arrow: The Lost City

If you are of the team responsible for these games, please, please, please, contact me and I will tell you what is wrong so that I can get this game working on my systems. If I cannot do that then I'll have nochoice but to give a 0 for your efforts. And I'd really hate to have to do that. :?

I'm sorry if this situation causes grief for anyone in the competition, but please know that we are working to resolve the situation as quickly and as fairly as possible.

Thanks and good luck!

jdarling
18-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Bad news and good news all at once, that doesn't happen every day.

Hope everything is alright with Alexey and hope to see results some day soon :)

On the up side, at least you have already played most of the games :)

Traveler
18-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Good luck with your new job :)

ps. how is it possible to "suddenly" lose a judge in this situation (j/k)

WILL
19-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Good news; I have gotten The Lost City to work.

However unfortunately I for some reason cannot run Deep Sea Redemption still. Anyone else having/not having this problem?

WILL
22-07-2007, 09:38 AM
More good news; I finally got Deep Sea Redemption working. And... I should have all entries finished scoring by this weekend.

Everyone stay tuned for the announcement when it comes. :thumbup:

Good luck everyone!

Traveler
22-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Good luck everyone!

Ah,.. good luck to you, I say!