PDA

View Full Version : OCR and FreePascal

jdarling
20-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Ok, I've been looking for over 2 weeks now and I honestly can't believe that I can't find anything on the subject of Object Character Recognition and generic pascal (FreePascal preferred). I found the commercial library for Delphi (wasn't impressed nor did I like their price) and have found A TON of information about MODI. But, none of this helps me when it comes to FPC, for one, I can't import the MODI library so I can use it in FPC :(.

Basic question is, does anyone know of a library or module that can be used with FPC to perform OCR of images? I'm looking for a fairly robust system that can decode images with noise embedded in them (something that can work on minor captia then it would be perfect).

Otherwise, anyone interested in working on a project for FPC and OCR? I've got LOTS of research papers on the subject, just no good starting points :).

JernejL
20-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Well, i wrote a OCR barcode reader with fpc for freebsd, but that was commercial stuff, and barcode is also easier. if you are looking into characters.. that's a lot harder.