PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from Asphyre eXtreme 3 to version 4

masonwheeler
26-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm trying to upgrade my project from eXtreme 3 to the latest version of Asphyre to take advantage of some of the new features, but I've run into two major compatibility problems.

The first is that TSprite has its Draw method declared as private (and virtual?!?), which causes trouble for my custom classes that descend from it and override the Draw method. Kinda minor, but annoying.

The second is a bit more serious. I can't find any way to add images to a TAsphyreImages. AddFromFile, which I was using, is gone. So is AddFromASDB. There are plenty of routines in there for working with images that it already has access too, but how do you load them in the first place with both of the loading methods gone? :eek:

Mason

Robert Kosek
26-07-2007, 01:46 PM
You should search the Afterwarp forums under Asphyre 4 support for both. The latter has been asked and answered, but the first I think needs to be addressed by DraculaLin who isn't a member of these forums.

masonwheeler
26-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I asked there too. But for some reason, it's often very difficult to get any answers on the Afterwarp forums. So I posted it here too, where people actually respond. :P

Mason

Robert Kosek
26-07-2007, 02:08 PM
People do answer at Afterwarp. And for Asphyre questions, with a whole lot more frequency. You're expecting instant answers when you're not going to get them instantaneously.

Most folks on PGD do not use Asphyre.

DraculaLin
27-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Well,please check the source code carefully.
You shouldn't use Darw,it only for special purpose,so why it declared as private.
There is a DoDraw in public section. override it in your custom class.