PDA

View Full Version : pgd site is sloooooowwwwww....

noeska
07-08-2007, 05:32 PM
The showing of the pgd sites pages are slow due to contant resizing while building the page. Wil things be optimized in the future. The pgd site is the only site i know of doing this.

Robert Kosek
07-08-2007, 06:00 PM
pgd site is sloooooowwwwww....To load or render? Huge difference in which it is.

The showing of the pgd sites pages are slow due to contant resizing while building the page.Resizing of what?

Wil things be optimized in the future.Pinpoint the problem elements before even talking about optimization. That is like bug reporting without specifying your system build.

WILL
07-08-2007, 06:06 PM
If I may ask... what system are you surfing the site on and what is the speed/type of the internet connection to it?

I don't think that there are any browser specific issues, but I'd recommend either FireFox or IE though. Also if you have a really old system on a weak bandwidth link then it will of course load slowly.

You could alternatively use the subSilver theme if that seems to help.

If you are having serious problems I'd recommend sending a message to savage about it. I am no longer maintaining the PGD scripts.

arthurprs
07-08-2007, 08:31 PM
:arrow: Here looks everything fine

NecroDOME
07-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Looks fine here 2...

noeska
08-08-2007, 06:34 PM
It is the rendering toghether with the loading of images. Using the subsilver solves it though. But then the site's look and feel is lost.
Also when i start editing a post the emoticons appear to be flying inwards.

The Stats:
I am using an packard bell laptop pentium m 1,73 ghz with 1g memory and nvidia geforce go 6600. My inet is adsl with 1122 kbps download speed. My laptop is connected to the router via wlan (5,5 Mbps). The browser is use is ie7 on xp home.

it seems that original site layout prevents caching. Now even the Emoticons behave.

NecroDOME
08-08-2007, 11:52 PM
There yah go, use firefox ;) :twisted: