PDA

View Full Version : 2nd compo in one year

NecroDOME
07-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi all,

Long long time ago I can remember we all had a discussion on a 2nd, short compo here at PGD. Is there any new on that? or did I miss something?

Just wondering...

jdarling
08-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Well, it was about a year ago that I posed the question, and while it got alot of attention nothing was done with it :(. Would be interesting with all of the BigFish activity we have been seeing lately to see a Casual game compo with BigFish backing and publishing the winner :). HINT HINT guys!

Huehnerschaender
08-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Yeah... lets revive the idea of a SMALL compo... no need for big prizes... just let us have fun and produce something...

NecroDOME
08-08-2007, 11:54 PM
I agree!

WILL
09-08-2007, 03:15 AM
If you guys are really serious about this then I suggest that you:

:arrow: Write Dom a request for a PGD sponsored event. List what you think should be the guidelines structure for all to follow. I don't mean he'll give you money, but he does have contacts, experience and the 'PGD brand' at his disposal. The rest is negotiable. ;)

:arrow: Volunteer yourself to head/organize it. If possible enlist the help of another or others to help where required. Nothing comes out of thin air unfortunately.

:arrow: Advertise, advertise, advertize! As much as you are capable though. If not then you'll likely have only a very few interested people and not much of an 'event'. I found video and visible media to be quite a powerful method of reaching outside PGD it's self.

Mirage
09-08-2007, 04:44 AM
Good idea.
I will take a part.;)

jdarling
09-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm up for helping run it and working on advertising :). I can put something together and get it to Dom, but it will be tomorrow afternoon/night before I can as I'm in client meetings for the next 38 hours :)