PDA

View Full Version : News

Andreaz
17-05-2003, 10:58 PM
I've decided for the inheritance driven type of engine, have written a test space shooter and i have to say that it works very well... I have mutch to do in school now so i don't know when i can release the new version, but i'll have more time in the summer..

So far what will be inluded in the next version is a gui system, with many components such as buttons, images, checkboxes, scrollbars, panels. I also removed a bug in the imageloading making the alpha channels in tga files to not be loaded in the right way.

I have also replaced the font class, it now only uses bitmap (or tga) font's and have written a font genrerator as well. Fullscreen support will be much easier in the next version aswell.

Andreaz
29-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Just uploaded a new version of the components to the webpage, many changes and updates.

www.glxtreem.xrs.net

Traveler
30-06-2003, 11:39 AM
I have downloaded the new version,... most impressive :D

I did notice a couple of incorrect imagecalls in the demos, you might want to check those.

There is one other thing you definitely should check. I tried to run the terrain demo on an older videocard and it immediately came back with a fatal exception. Does the demo include multitexturing or some other special feature? If so, is there a way to disable that option or perhaps better, check which features are supported by the videocard?

thanks

ps. looking forward to your next update...

Traveler
30-06-2003, 11:52 AM
I just looked at your new zhess demo and it has the same thing.
It loads until I see the chess pieces, but then the fatal exception appears again. :(

Looks quite nice though!

Andreaz
01-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Well' it's about the multitexture and there's test supported by GLX, but i didn't test it. Too lazy, and i'll check the imagelist errors, it was 2 aclock, in the middle of the night and i was in a hurry so must have missed it. It wasn't so good in the ZHess however, thanks for telling.

/Andreas

Andreaz
11-08-2003, 07:32 AM
Here's a list of changes in the upcoming release:

Added support for 3D Studio Max .3DS files.
More lightning effects like spotlights and light Attenuation.
A very fast raw model loader / renderer using glDrawArrays.
Some bugfixes in ImageList and drawAdd readded.
Also planning on rewriting the GUI components and add a demo.

Suggestions on other changes or features is most welcome

Traveler
11-08-2003, 09:57 AM
It sure sounds good :D

When is the release due?

Andreaz
12-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Haven't decided a release date yet, when it's done 8)

Andreaz
22-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Just added face materials to the 3ds loader, looks really sweet have to fix the demos before release btw..

Andreaz
29-08-2003, 11:26 AM
I have just released the new version of glxtreem, many new sweet features, loading of 3ds files, rendering raw triangledata really fast using glDrawArrays (up to 100% faster than glVertex etc)

Have fun !

Traveler
29-08-2003, 11:31 AM
Excellent! I'll probably go check things out this weekend :D

Andreaz
23-09-2003, 10:26 AM
The new page is now completed, has been quite tricky but it works really fine now. Have added a terrain collison class in GLXCollisions and is considering adding an component for use with FMOD for nice soud supprort, anyone interested of that ? Are also optimizing the terrain engine, currently managed to increase the rendering speed by 16! times. Really nice =).

PerIvar
23-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Sounds really good!! :)

Looking forward to test it out. Both sound support and the terrain engine!!

Keep up the good work!

Mrwb
25-09-2003, 10:22 PM
The sound feature sounds really exciting! :)
Would be real neat with synch support btw... ;)

I have used GLXTreem for a while now, and I have to say, IMHO, they are definatly the best graphics components around. ;)

Andreaz
26-09-2003, 05:43 AM

PerIvar
08-10-2003, 12:51 PM
Hi Andreas!

Was just wondering how things were turning out :)
Any news on the new version?

Keep up the good work!

Andreaz
08-10-2003, 01:25 PM
It's going forvard, have made some optimizions in the 3ds renderer and is currently working on implementing OpenGL material constants. Have also some plans on making optimations on the ms3d loader.

Andreaz
19-10-2003, 07:52 AM
Have uploaded 3 new screenshots of the new components to be released in the next version, is making the final testing on the components now. The new GUI engine is probably not be 100% complete when release, so not shure if i shold include it or not.

Abened
19-10-2003, 07:39 PM
It looks really great ! In fact i was wondering if i should get into open AL to include sound or if i should wait for the GLXT component. Now, the choice is done :)
And the material component looks good too but i wonder how it works...
I can't wait for the release ! GLXTreem is just great.

Abened

Andreaz
19-10-2003, 09:13 PM
The materials work by specifing how lightning should interact with the object, hov much shiniess and so on. It can be used both with and without textures but lighting must be enabled for it to show.

Andreaz
20-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Have uploaded the new glx version to the homepage. Please test and give support on the new components (GLXSoundEngine, GLXMaterial).

Andreaz
14-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Have uploaded a fixed timer component to the page, removed a bug when the Interval <> 0

Andreaz
02-12-2003, 05:45 PM
I have released a new version of glxtreem, added support for fustrum and have released the new gui engine :!: .

Andreaz
30-12-2003, 06:15 PM
I have relaunced the page, it's now hosted at SourceForge.

the new address is

http://glxtreem.sourceforge.net

bigsofty
07-11-2006, 01:35 AM
What ever happened to these components, they were great... :(

Andreaz
07-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Well, nothing really happened, if you say so :) I'm currently working on a 2D only remake, there's a thread here at pgd about it, linky in my signature.

bigsofty
09-11-2006, 01:29 AM
Cool, glad to see your still alive and kicking man.

Links dead though...

"Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later."