PDA

View Full Version : Shoutbox

BlueCat
18-05-2003, 10:52 AM
I'm thinking about adding a 'shoutbox' to the site, you can see a demo here (http://www.mojavelinux.com/cooker/demos/phpshoutbox/example1.html). The nice thing about it is it would be on the front page and everyone can see what's being said without needing to open a new window or refresh the page. And you can just say hi without logging in to a chat client.

Would anyone use this? If I get 10 yes responses (from different people - points at Eriken :roll: ) I'll install it!

Eriken
18-05-2003, 11:15 AM
I have scizofrenia (or something) which includes 10 different "people" does that count for 10? ;-)

I'm not sure why yet, but YES! I almost felt I had to since I got named ;-)
_____
Eriken

BlueCat
18-05-2003, 11:21 AM
I have scizofrenia (or something) which includes 10 different "people" does that count for 10? ;-)

Yes, but only in your world Erik :twisted:

TheLion
18-05-2003, 11:24 AM
I think it's called MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) Eriken! ;)

You have my vote BlueCat ! :)

Crisp_N_Dry
18-05-2003, 12:40 PM
Yes to operation ShoutBox. Does anyone ever go on the chat client? I always check to see if anyone's there but they never are. Maybe we should all arrange to be here at a certain time on a certain day and we could all have a jolly good banter about life, the universe and Delphi games development.

BlueCat
18-05-2003, 01:23 PM
It looks like it would be a nightmare to install the mod I was thinking about. It would give me trouble with the sub-category code.

What we need is something fast that's easy to add to any page. Any ideas? Something in Java maybe? Don't know if that can be done. And it would nice if it was integrated with IRC.

I'm off for a bit of googling.....

Sander
18-05-2003, 06:32 PM
I say yay!!

Eriken
18-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Well, my truth is in my world Bluecat, so I'll win yet again :twisted:

Speaking of chatting stuff, if anyone uses IRC frequently and need some help in Delphi they could pop in on some #Delphi channels on Undernet or Ircnet.

Of course not so fantastic support as there is here, but everyone gets desperate at some point :twisted: (I wont point at anyone :twisted:)
_____
Eriken