PDA

View Full Version : DelphiGamer Magazine Issue 2 - Call for Content

technomage
17-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi All

Well Issue one was a success , with about 200 downloads. I hope everyone enjoyed it. :D

I'm starting to put together ideas for issue 2, I would like to start some more "how to" articles on GLScene, Phoenix 2D, Asphyre, state management, object management, scene graphs etc so if anyone would like to contribute please PM me. Articles can be one off's or part of a series depending on how much you can commit to (I know we are all busy :) )

I already have the postmortem lined up and a few ideas on who I'm going to interview this time around (watch you're Inbox's people :wink:)

Also I'm looking for volunteers to help proof read, and do graphics, so if anyone is interested please again PM me.

The next magazine will be due out in December, I'd like to get idea's on the table in the next 2 weeks so we have time to prepare.

Look forward to hearing from you

Dean
www.delphigamer.com

farcodev_
18-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Hey technomage,

yeah the issue one was really cool to read, good work to all !

With practical articles for next issue it will be a cool gem :shock: remember me the amiga magazines, when computing wasn't already (yet) a mainstream media :roll:

For the articles i can't really contribute because i have a second job for monday (63hrs by week :shock: thankfully not the weekend too) and i prefer to focus my computing time on FARC sorry :oops: but i hope a lot of people will contribute to this great project !

arthurprs
18-08-2007, 01:35 AM
Sugestion:

"New Frameworks for delphi"
Asphyre4 and Phoenix

WILL
18-08-2007, 02:53 AM
Hey Dean, This would be a great 'How To' item for the next or a future issue: Making a Package for the game? [sounds,graphics] (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/viewtopic.php?t=4676)

arthurprs
18-08-2007, 03:27 AM
Hey Dean, This would be a great 'How To' item for the next or a future issue: Making a Package for the game? [sounds,graphics] (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/viewtopic.php?t=4676)

Yeah i completed it today ;]

technomage
18-08-2007, 08:59 AM

Funny enough , I do have a complete frame work for doing this with SDL. I might write that up myself, and include that in the second issue :)

WILL
19-08-2007, 01:50 AM
Cool! 8)

Learning how to make my own or how to do it in a simple 1, 2, 3... step format would be most useful. Considering that whole understand it so that you can do it all yourself way of doing things. ;)

Luuk van Venrooij
19-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I really liked the first edition. I don`t have allot of time on my hands these days but I`m willing to proof read for you:)

arthurprs
08-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey techno i have writen some things by hand,
bitmap fonts on sdl, and loading res from zip files

i think they could be nice articles.

pstudio
11-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Just an idea for content.

We discussed Mark Overmars and GameMaker som time ago in some topic (didn't bother to search for it) and I think it could be interesting to read a interview with him. It could be an interview about game theory and design, (I believe he teaches something like that at Utrecht University) and ofcourse something about the development of GameMaker in Delphi.
Just a thought.

WILL
05-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey Dean. Hows the issue coming along?

arthurprs
05-11-2007, 07:13 PM
An article "What C/C++ guys will never see?" talking abount TThread, Tlist, Tstream, vcl or lcl, multiplataform with freepascal.

technomage
06-11-2007, 09:43 AM

slowly, I have a few articles (thanks to those who have contributed so far). But I still need to get some artwork done and sort the cover art etc. lots of work to do...

WILL
07-11-2007, 04:49 AM
Great, I'm looking forward to it. :)

Feel free to nag the community for more material. I think some have probably been a wee slack this year anyhow. ;)

WILL
29-01-2009, 08:31 PM
So when is issue 2 coming out? :)

Chesso
30-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Never heard of it, but sounds good.

Considering the previous post date of the first one, I would say there is now plenty of content for one or more new ones to come out, start flaying those PM's out :).

WILL
16-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey is this dead? I'm willing to edit an issue if I see some form of life out of Dean or anyone else... Hello...?

WILL
25-03-2009, 09:55 PM

slowly, I have a few articles (thanks to those who have contributed so far). But I still need to get some artwork done and sort the cover art etc. lots of work to do...

Hey I'm wondering if it would be too taboo for me to inherit all the unpublished content from the never-released Issue 2 of DelphiGamer? There may be some good stuff that I can make use of for the new Pascal Gamer (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/forum/index.php?topic=5670.0) online magazine.