PDA

View Full Version : PowerDraw 3.0 some help

AuslandeR
19-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Hello..
I have decide to start playing around with powerdraw 3.0 from delphix
and the problem is that there are not enough tutorials around (or i can not understand them)
I would like just to make a sprite char I have done something similar with delphix but I can not figure it out how to make it in powerdraw.

I just have an bmp image with a guy that moves around all 8direcections

And the only thing that I want to do it to move him around with the mouse
Ok I have done it with delphix and I know how to trigger the mouse and staff but how can I make the sprite to been drawn into the screen?

And another question is when I do not load the ad3d something dll from powerdraw I can not make anything apear in the screen why is that?

I have to included in everything I do?
Or not?

And what excacly does it do?

-----------
Sorry for my English. :(

Lots of questions but I hope that here I will learn something...
I haven't found anything else!
(Yes I am newbe! I admit it!!!) :?

LP
19-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Greets... you can use mouse events from TForm or if you put TVScreen, you can trap mouse events with more info. As always, you draw things on the screen using RenderEffect method, as shown in examples. PowerDraw.dll is needed for pixel format conversion routines, compression and encryption. In other words, PowerDraw.dll is almost a heart of PowerDraw library; it has to be included with the program's EXE but it's not that big :wink: 149 Kb and 74Kb compressed with ZIP....

AuslandeR
20-05-2003, 09:12 AM
Do you have any more tutorials about PowerDraw3.0.
I really like the way things work with it!
I have seen alot of stuff about what someone can do with delphi
and directx
I hope to make something good
And general to help if I can.

I tried to find some tutorials but i have managed not to find anything.
Only the examples found with powerdraw3.0.

Thanx again for the help :)

NextGen
09-11-2003, 01:46 PM
I was wondering is there any source code for the PowerDraw.dll????

LP
19-11-2003, 03:39 PM
There is no source for PowerDraw dll and it'll not be available for public. The reason for that goes way back, when I made one of the first versions of PowerDraw and there were people copying the conversion assembly routines without any notes or anything and I've had, I'd say, "unrespectful" chat after which I decided not to publish any non-generic routines. PowerDraw3 dll consists currently of many assembly routines used generally for pixel format conversion and for PowerDraw software renderer, all written either by me or Hab and the source code for this routines is not going to be released. At least, you can see it as a small price you pay for using PowerDraw (which IS open-source). And btw, Asphyre dll will have more routines but we were thinking on making some light replacement with few capabilities which won't need the dll... although we're not sure about it yet...

Cheers,
Lifepower