PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Internet and Vista

pstudio
06-09-2007, 10:29 PM
So I bought a new labtop yesterday with Windows Vista Home Basic and I would've been happy if it wasn't for one thing. The Internet isn't working correctly on it. I have no problem making Vista detecting and establishing network connection, but I do have problems loading in some certain web pages. For instance I can't enter google.com (though I can enter gmail :?) or many Microsoft pages. As you can imagine it's quite frustrating and I've tried searching for a solution but with no luck.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the computer because I've experienced the same problem with a wlan router at home. ( I can't enter tha same sites).
Does anybody have a clue about what might be wrong and how I can possibly fix it? I would be eternal grateful for some help.

Traveler
07-09-2007, 08:57 AM
It would help if you could add some additional information about what happens when you try to load google or other sites that dont work.
Are there error messages appearing or perhaps just a 404 page.

You could try connecting to the internet through a different network (at work, or maybe at a friends place).
You say the router may be causing the problem. Have you tried replacing it?

pstudio
07-09-2007, 01:19 PM
It would help if you could add some additional information about what happens when you try to load google or other sites that dont work.
Are there error messages appearing or perhaps just a 404 page.
I simply just get a "The server could not be found" message.

You could try connecting to the internet through a different network (at work, or maybe at a friends place).
I've already planned on doing it, hopefulle during this weekend.

You say the router may be causing the problem. Have you tried replacing it?
No. I meant had the same problem with other computers (WinXPS2) if I connected them through my router.
In this case I've connected the computer directly to my ethernet port. If I did that with a XP computer everything worked just fine, but with Vista I can't access all the good sites (besides PGD ;))