PDA

View Full Version : SDL.dll.... Entry point not found

chronozphere
11-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone :)

I installed JEDI-SDL and i tried to run the Oxygene example game. But it didn't ran.
I get this message:

---------------------------
Oxygene.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point SDL_Error could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll.
OK

looks like i have the wrong DLL or something. I copied all DLL's that came with JEDI-SDL to the System32 directory. (which isn't neccesary, i realize now).
The other sprite-engine samples run without any errors.

Can someone help me with this?

I'm using Delphi 7 and Vista Ultimate.

Thank you!

WILL
11-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Try copying sdl.dll into the exe's folder.

chronozphere
12-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I just tried that but it doesn't work :(

I checked the list of exported functions (with dependancy-walker), and the SDL_Error function is not present. But it IS defined in SDL.pas. I'm probably using the wrong version of SDL.dll.

So, when i installed JEDI-SDL, i quickly scanned the folders for DLL's. I thought these DLL's would suffice and i copied them to System32.
But the DLL's were needed for a little ODE demo and are not compatible with the actual headers provided with JEDI-SDL. ATM i have version 1.2.7.0 in my system32.

So i scanned my downloaded binaries folders for any games that used SDL. I found out they used version 1.2.11.0 (which contained SDL_Error).

So i guess it went wrong because of my clumsy approach :oops:

But before i start saying YAY, i need to know where i can find a package of the DLL's (SDL.dll, SDL_Image.dll, SDL_Mixer.dll etc etc).

Can someone give me an URL?

Thanx :D

savage
12-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I should remove the DLLs in the archive on SourceForge as they are quite old. Always grab the latest DLLs from www.libsdl.org for best results :).

chronozphere
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Ah thanx... the Oxygene sample runs fine :D

I had to remove one line though:

bpp := SDL_VideoModeOk( 640, 480, 15, 0 );

When i ran the sample, SDL accepted the 15bit display mode, but further initialization failed afterwards.

I guess Vista (or my new Graphics Hardware can't handle 15 bit FrameBuffers). I just checked the Capability Viewer that came with DX SDK and 15bit FrameBuffers (I guess that's D3DFMT_X1R5G5B5) can only be used in windowed mode.

I don't have a clue why SDL accepted this to happen :?