PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the IGF

jasonf
15-10-2007, 08:58 AM
I received my confirmation email this morning, my entry has been accepted for the 2008 IGF competition.
I'm hoping that Crashblock will at least make it though to the finals, although from what I've heard, even getting that far will be a major accomplishment.

According to the email, I can update the game at any time, the judges will take the most recent version.

My IGF page is: http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2008.php?id=23

Crashblock is available in Beta test, so any issues which are reported will be fixed and applied to the IGF version too.

I'm up against stiff competition

We had a record 173 entries this year! Entries are posted online at http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entries2008.php

WILL
15-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Awesome! :D

It's pretty sweet to see your entry up there isn't it? ;) Did they mention how many finalists they'll be taking this year?

Wizard
16-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Congrats Jason :!: :!:

Hope your game makes it to the final :)

Huehnerschaender
16-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Hey Jason!

Nice to see your game in the list. Wow, you have very hard rivalry there...

I wish the best for your game! I would be happy to see you nominated for the finals...

jasonf
16-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Cheers Guys,

I'm very impressed with the screenshots of the other games. I'm just hoping people are looking at mine and saying the same :D not just *pah!* what's this rubbish?

arthurprs
16-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Good luck :)

hope you get on the final

madwoody
18-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Great job Jason. And if you aren't going to the finals, you at least can say that you made it to the IGF :)

michalis
17-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Aw, the website got me hoping for Linux version of Crashblock. But then I saw both Linux and Mac OS X are only "coming soon". If you need any testers for Linux (I have access to many Debian, Ubuntu installs, both 32 and 64 bit, with NVidia and Radeons), I'm available.

chronozphere
17-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Congratulations Jason :thumbup: .... i really hope you win;)

savage
17-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Eeek, I don't know how I missed this one.

Great to hear it's been accepted!

WILL
18-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Just read on the site recently that it's been a record breaking year for entries (for both main and student competitions). So Jason has got if nothing else a lot of competition via numbers.

Finalists will be announced in early December. I'm hoping to see Crash Block up there. ;)

jasonf
19-11-2007, 12:45 PM
The Linux version is very close now ;) the Mac version too.. just a couple of minor issues to tackle. There's an unusual crash on the Mac version, not having a mac is making debugging a nightmare.. could be anything. There's certainly no crash on the Windows version. I'm installing Ubuntu tonight on a virtual machine so hopefully I'll be able to debug it on there. If the Linux version doesn't crash, then I'll get that up on the site soon for testing.
Technomage has crashblock running on a Linux machine regularly, not sure if he had a crash though.

I've already got a lot of ideas for the next version of Crashblock (It'll just be an update to the existing game, not a new version as such)
Different block types, different game ideas, new animations. I have a big list of things to do still on the next version. But I do want to get the Linux and Mac versions out before I embark on the next version.

So when the site says, Coming soon, it does mean it 8)