PDA

View Full Version : Composer available - Levan I.

dreamlandscheme
18-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Hello,

I am a composer seeking to work with ambitious individuals and/or teams who are dedicated to their project and are looking to add another consistent member to their team.

My assets:

1. Traditional training in music theory
2. Well-equipped in-house digital studio that serves wide variety of needs
3. Quick turn-around
4. Muse is on speed-dial
5. Well connected with live performers
6. Understanding of budgetary restrictions

jdarling
18-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Welcome, its been a while since we had a composer show up here on PGD. Just a few common questions that I'm sure others will be interested in as well:

What type of work are you looking for, Paid, % of profit, free, credit?

What genera(s) are you most comfortable in?

What formats can you produce your sound and music files in (OGG, MP3, etc)?

Adding to the Genera question, and after listening to some of the tracks on your site, what types of acoustics are you comfortable with? Thats probably the wrong word, but basically does everything need to be techno edgy, live, or are you comfortable with the older 8 bit style of music (think the original Nintendo's sound synthesizers).

What OS's do you have to work with (Windows, Linux (type), and/or Mac)? Noticed your site was built with Mac, in many cases the games here are built for Windows, though we do have a few Mac and Linux games running around.

Anyways, again, welcome to PGD and hope you find something your looking for here :).

dreamlandscheme
18-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the questions! here are my answers:

What type of work are you looking for, Paid, % of profit, free, credit?

I adjust the price based on each project. Budget issues can usually be worked out.

What genera(s) are you most comfortable in?

I love writing calm music, and i really enjoy getting plugged into my orchestral battle tracks, I dim my room, put up some battle wallpaper on my desktop, and zone in. I just enjoy making music fit to certain images and events, that's why I've been developing myself in a lot of genre's, I love when sound perfectly fuses with the game, it's the best feeling.

What formats can you produce your sound and music files in (OGG, MP3, etc)?

I can to WAV, OGG MP3, Aiff.

Adding to the Genera question, and after listening to some of the tracks on your site, what types of acoustics are you comfortable with? Thats probably the wrong word, but basically does everything need to be techno edgy, live, or are you comfortable with the older 8 bit style of music (think the original Nintendo's sound synthesizers).

I haven't really been asked to do something like that before so I'm not sure how I feel about it, it depends on the size of the project, but I don't see why that would be a problem. Developers should not hesitate to ask me questions even if it's just for informational purposes.

What OS's do you have to work with (Windows, Linux (type), and/or Mac)? Noticed your site was built with Mac, in many cases the games here are built for Windows, though we do have a few Mac and Linux games running around.

I own a Macbook Pro, so all my music production is done on OS X, but i do have access to windows.

Hope this information helps!

-Levan

dreamlandscheme
06-12-2007, 05:21 AM
i just did a nice update on the site,

1. added some dark electronic beats to the reel
2. improved the overall flow of the demo reel.
3. added a soundtrack item to the portfolio section of the site featuring some details about the story behind the soundtrack.
4. added some sweet screenshots from recent games
5. added a free download for a live quintet performance of mine.

enjoy,

dreamlandscheme
27-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Added two tracks from a newly completed project and updated the demo reel, enjoy :)