PDA

View Full Version : Ever wanted to charge money for your time?

WILL
20-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Hey guys, I thought you might like to hear about this.

Skype is offering a way to sell your time to others as a pay-per-minute service. I'm serious!

Here is the link about it: Skype Prime™ Beta — introducing the global expertise marketplace (http://share.skype.com/sites/en/2007/03/skype_prime_beta_introducing_t.html)

The service is called Skype Prime Beta. And what it's about in short is, you setup a call-in service for those that want to talk to a skilled professional about --oh heck programming, graphics, sound, etc-- or anything else that requires some experience and skill and if there are interested parties then they will call in and pay for your time to teach them about it.

This is of course not limited to any specific thing, but any skillset (please don't ask me about if it can be used for phone sex :roll:) but it might actually be a great way for you indie guys who want to go pro making games to sell yourselves and make some cash on the site to help out your efforts.

In fact it would be great for those of you who have created your own API or library that people find generally useful. Talking to a person live is sometimes far easier than typing in a forum...

Interesting stuff no? :)

wodzu
21-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Interesting stuff no? :)

Definitely! Not so long ago I've heard that some people are teaching english through Skype.