PDA

View Full Version : Compiling from Windows to Darwing in Lazarus

cronodragon
26-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Is there a way to build/compile an application with Lazarus running in Windows, to another platform like Darwin? Or do I need to install Lazarus in Mac to compile? :?

Regards!
-Marco

technomage
26-10-2007, 04:01 PM
You can cross compile, but you need to libraries from the target platform to perform the linking stage successfuly (I think).

My advice would be to find a nice person with a Mac willing to compile it for you. :)

cronodragon
26-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks technomage! :D

We have Mac's here at work, but we don't have permission to install Lazarus... indeed I was working with a Mac, and asked for a PC after finding I couldn't install it :x Now I'm happily playing with Delphi and Lazarus :D

I have another question, are these units ok for crosscompiling?:

SysUtils
Classes
Windows

And I found out the Graphics unit is not present, which can I use instead?

JSoftware
26-10-2007, 06:21 PM
ShellApi is part of the win32 api. If you start processes with it you should look into the process unit

marcov
28-10-2007, 02:13 PM
It is fairly easy to install Lazarus on a memory stick. Specially under Mac (and certain Linux-automounters), because the stick will always end up in the same spot (/somedir/<volumename> ), contrary to windows where the drive name is different all the time.

Since the new Lazarus/Carbon doesn't need X11, this means that entirely nothing will be needed, except the basic XCode install. (the binutils part mostly)

cronodragon
29-10-2007, 08:04 PM
It is fairly easy to install Lazarus on a memory stick. Specially under Mac (and certain Linux-automounters), because the stick will always end up in the same spot (/somedir/<volumename> ), contrary to windows where the drive name is different all the time.

Since the new Lazarus/Carbon doesn't need X11, this means that entirely nothing will be needed, except the basic XCode install. (the binutils part mostly)

Cool, I should try some day. :D

So the Windows unit can be used for multiplatform? That's very good :D

marcov
03-11-2007, 04:13 PM
So the Windows unit can be used for multiplatform? That's very good :D

Yes, and if you believe that, have some nice property on the moon to sell :-)