PDA

View Full Version : ARToolKit from C to Pascal

De-Panther
05-11-2007, 05:39 PM
thers nice project http://www.hitl.washington.edu/artoolkit written for C

is there a way to run this project with lazarus?
the games and the things people can make with this are awesome

Brainer
05-11-2007, 05:42 PM
I guess it's impossible at this moment, because there is no wrapper for Pascal. I dunno how advanced you are, but you could try porting it to Pascal by yourself. :wink:

De-Panther
05-11-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't know C
thats why I asked here to see if it's interesting someone

arthurprs
06-11-2007, 05:51 PM
I looked at the headers they are't too complex, maybe someone can interest on translating it to pascal.

Ingemar
30-11-2011, 06:54 AM
4 years back, no more comments. Has anyone made interfaces or should I do it myself?

User137
30-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Is there really interest for something like this? I wouldn't imagine many have such headsets to test it :p

Ingemar
30-11-2011, 08:57 PM
You don't need a headset to have fun with augmented reality. It is just as much a question of producing video with artificial objects added. Some developers to AR on iPhone, input with the built-in camera and output on the screen.

WILL
02-12-2011, 05:59 PM
You'd probably have to start it yourself. Sourceforge, Google Code project?

Ingemar
02-12-2011, 06:26 PM
I already have one project on SourceForge and that was a bad idea. It only complicates things, at least as long as I am the only programmer.

It is much easier to put things on my own server.

But concerning ARToolkit, it looks to me like a rather standard case of converting headers.

WILL
03-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Well you could do what Sascha Willems did for Newton and just create a site that will host versions of the updated headers. Clootie did the same for the DirectX headers he released as well. You will have to find some way to organize the code if you want to get more than one developer working on it though. You could find a solution in Dropbox though Stoney and I have been using it quite successfully so far. Saves a lot of headaches when you need a common set of files to work from.

mobilus
03-12-2011, 08:29 PM
You can try to use H2pas: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Creating_bindings_for_C_libraries
Just install H2pas to Lazarus and run the wizard.