PDA

View Full Version : Cataclysm v0.11 Released!

Cataclysm
28-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Hi All!

Today we've finally released version 0.11 of Cataclysm's game engine. To be able to see the engine working, we've created a few levels in which you can walk around and do things. Keep in mind that the engine is far from finished. A lot of features aren't implemented yet, but this release will give you a good view on what we are planning to do :). You can download it from our website (http://cataclysm.servegame.com). There you can also read the release notes for further information.

We would like you to test this version and let us know what you think of it in our forum (http://cataclysm.hyperboards.com). Also, we greatly appreciate it if you would report any bugs you find during the game. More on bug reports can be found in the release notes.

Coen

Ultra
28-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Looks good! :)

I get approximately 60 fps on my computer 800 MHz, 256 MB Ram, TNT2, Win98.

You could possibly make the scrolling faster when going from on map to another, otherwise it's great! Keep up the good work!

Cataclysm
28-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Thanx!

60 fps? That sounds like the VSync was on... Is the fps the same when you turn it off?

Coen

Sander
28-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Alright, I get a full black screen when running it on my P3 733 Mhz, 128 RAM, TNT2, Win98. ANd the sound works, but it has quite some noise in it. Hmm, could you fix this so I can be amazed by your game??? :)

Ultra
28-05-2003, 05:31 PM
I get the same fps (60-70 outside 120 inside) no matter if VSync is on/off. It also doesn't matter if I have a colour depht of 16 or 32.

Cataclysm
28-05-2003, 05:39 PM
That's weird... :o What type of monitor do you have? Flat screen? If so, try to raise the refresh rate. and what's the size of your video memory on your TNT2? It could have something to do with certain detonator drivers, try updating your detonator drivers at www.nvidia.com.

If that doesn't work. create a file called 'Cataclysm.ini' in your Cataclysm installation directory (where Cataclysm.exe is) and insert the following lines:

[Graphics]
32BitDepth=1
FullScreen=0
VSync=0
WinRes=3

This will start the game in windowed mode. If your screen's still black then, there might have been an installation error and the images and fonts were not installed. Try reinstalling the game.

I hope these things help. Good luck!

Coen

Cataclysm
28-05-2003, 05:43 PM
Do you think the game is playable with those lower framerates? I think it has something to do with your videocard... At least, that's what I think... My parents have the same configuration, except they have a Geforce 4 Titanium... I get framerates of 1250 there (see screenshots ;))

I think the performance might improve when we're using powerdraw 3 as soon as that version is released.

Thanx for your input! We will look into those performance issues! :wink:

Coen

Sander
28-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Yep, that ini file did the trick, weird though. It now runs at 120 without and about 60 with VSync(On a TNT2 32 MB). I do think scrolling could be a bit faster. But it looks and sounds great!!!!! Get on with this, I love it :)

Btw: I'm using a normal Samsung Monitor, at a 60 Hz(I could improve it to 85, but I don't feel like it).

Cataclysm
29-05-2003, 08:16 AM
Hmmmm.... That's a nice bug... the speed of scrolling depends on your framerate :oops: That will be fixed! Thanx for your input!

Also, If you were having problems running the game, we've put an ini-file on the website that sets all the video-options to the minimum and start the game in windowed mode. You can then adjust the settings later in the main menu of the game.

Coen