PDA

View Full Version : News about FPC4NDS

Legolas
08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
After a year of development and fine tuning I think that libndsfpc is stable enough to be uploaded on freepascal's svn. Though I have encountered some problems using the library: include files are good for small projects and examples, but are a nightmare for bigger projects, where the code is divided in units and classes. Therefore I have convertd libndsfpc to a fpc package, so I hope it will be simpler to use now. First effect of this choice is that libndsfpc's sourceforge account will never be updated anymore. From now on, it will be possible to find all fpc4nds stuff on fpc servers (ftp, svn).

Because of these changes, I have uploaded a new fpc4nds snapshot on freepascal's ftp. In the zip you will find all you need to start coding (compiler, libnds, dswifi, libmikmod, related examples, tools), so I hope that this release could help newcomers :D

Download the snapshot here (ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/snapshot/trunk/arm-nds/arm-nds-fpc-2.3.1.i386-win32.zip)! (5.3 megs)

arthurprs
08-01-2008, 01:41 PM
:) good news

Legolas
09-01-2008, 06:04 PM
A further step: the NDS related wiki page (http://wiki.freepascal.org/Nintendo_DS) on Free Pascal site is now updated :)
Feel free to correct misspelling and add things here and there :P

yassersoft
29-01-2010, 02:29 PM
if I want to make games for NintendoDS with Delphi, Do I need a Nintendo Ltd. permission?

Legolas
29-01-2010, 04:34 PM
You can't make games for NintendoDS with Delphi, you will need freepascal for that. And nope, no permission is required :)

dazappa
30-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Just curious, any predicted release date for the next version of this? Been a little longer than you expected. Also, if not (as I have no pressing need, really), anyone know of where I can download an older version of devkitpro and how to uninstall the current version cleanly?

Legolas
30-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Freepascal 2.4.0 has been released a month ago. My bad, I haven't posted any news here, sorry :-[

However, you can download the NintendoDS crosscompiler from here:

http://www.freepascal.org/down/arm/nds-ftp.freepascal.org.var

for windows and linux :)