PDA

View Full Version : cannot reply to post?

noeska
13-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Hello i do not seem to be able to reply to an topic? I get an errorpage instead saying the posting.php does not exist?
This is the thread i like to reply to as i found out how to do it: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/viewtopic.php?t=5167

I do seem to be able to post here?

Traveler
13-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Hmm, odd. It appears to be working jsut fine for me.

noeska
14-01-2008, 04:53 PM
i get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /posting.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.4.7 mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 Server at www.pascalgamedevelopment.com Port 80

But only it the thread mentioned above.

Traveler
14-01-2008, 05:03 PM
That is really odd.

I have absolutely no clue what it 's causing it. Maybe a result from the database troubles we had last week.

NecroDOME
14-01-2008, 07:06 PM
I got an similar error also: reason was that I stopped watching the topic. When turned on it worked all fine for me.

NecroDOME
23-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Got it again:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

chronozphere
23-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Lol, i've seen that error a LOT, but it doesn't prevent me from posting.... i only get a message, and then my post seems to be posted succesfully. :)

NecroDOME
23-01-2008, 12:51 PM
True, I can also post, but its not nice to show an error to the user. Bad PGD :P (just kiddin')

Huehnerschaender
23-01-2008, 01:46 PM
I shake this errors hands daily, too :)

JernejL
23-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Got it again:

DEBUG MODE

happens always when i post.

Legolas
23-01-2008, 05:45 PM
That's strange... never happened here

Legolas
23-01-2008, 05:46 PM
That's EVEN stranger: just happened for the first time replying here :roll:

savage
24-01-2008, 10:14 AM
This seems to be a known problem with phpBB forums, if you Google it.

I just performed a table repair on all tables for this site. Please let me know if this problem persists.

I need to find the time to perform a manual update to the latest version of phpBB, but I don't think there is any guarantee that the emailer error will go away. I haven't changed anything in the back-end for this error to start happening, so I'm a bit lost as to why it started happening. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

deathshadow
26-01-2008, 08:29 AM
This seems to be a known problem with phpBB forums, if you Google it.
Which is just PART of why I say you should ditch phpBB for the bloated, poorly written, badly thought out, buggy, pile of crap that it is - if nothing else it would alleviate the security holes big enough to sail the USS Iowa through and MAYBE, just MAYBE open up the door to dynamic fonts so those of us on 'large font' machines aren't having to zoom in 50% to even approach 'usable'. (and stop that stupid 'news ticker' from making the page jump up and down)

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
Well, there's a phpBB import for SMF... Not quite what you meant though.

Hey, do you guys need a web designer and back-end maintainer? Pascal has been good to me over the years, be a good way for me to 'give back'.

JernejL
26-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Happened again:

DEBUG MODE

Edit: ad again after posting this :/

Mirage
26-01-2008, 06:41 PM
+1 for SMF. Even if there is no way to transfer existing messages to new forum.

JernejL
26-01-2008, 09:16 PM

There is always a way, and if you guys ever decide to switch forums and need some database or php scripting help i'm here to help.

deathshadow
27-01-2008, 05:33 AM
Uhm, since when ;)

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters

savage
27-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi deathshadow and everyone else who has offered to help,
I don't have the time to port the forums over, but I can set you up with an area where you can attempt the port if you are confident everything will port. Note WILL created a custom system for the yearly competitions which I think most developers found easy to use. This is not phpBB, but it would be nice if this could be ported as well. The site also has a custom RSS unit and also uses EzPortal for the home page and it's way of promoting forums posts to news items. If you or anyone else are confident you can get all this working send me a PM.

Wizard
27-05-2008, 06:10 AM
I get the following error whilst trying to reply to a post:

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 145 Table './savage_phpb3/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 43426, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('excellent', 'whats', 'program', 'game', 'called', 'czar')

Line : 251
File : functions_search.php