PDA

View Full Version : SDL Runtimes ... or letting my friends play my game

CheGueVerra
15-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi guys,

Well I wanted to send the game I was making to a friend so he can play with, but I was unable to make it work ...

I had sent all the files that the game itself needs and the runtimes I thought,
it required but was unable to start the game .. who I do determine which runtimes I'm missing

CheGueVerra

Traveler
15-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Doesn't the error say what files you need, or at least give a hint which dll is required?

Of course it could also be that you have included all necessary files and that there's some other error happening, that isn't occurring on your pc.

chronozphere
15-01-2008, 05:05 PM
You should check Event log (Ctrl-Alt-V). All DLL's that are linked to the process will be listed there when you start running your app from delphi. :)

You could also try to make a logfile, which writes and saves immediatly to the hard-drive. This way, you can check whether the app is started or not. If it IS started, you can start figuring out when or where the app stops running and shut's down (Which is kinda strange, if you ask me :? )

Good luck!

CheGueVerra
15-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Well it was late, and I tried the first things that came to mind.

Isn't there a logging module in the SDL already ?

I'll bring my project to work ... SHHHHHH!!!
and I'll test it here, that way I see the message ...

CheGueverra

savage
15-01-2008, 08:13 PM
There is a unit called logger.pas. that should allow you to write out messages to a log file that you can check where your game is falling over.

CheGueVerra
16-01-2008, 02:45 AM
I went to my friends house today to see the message for myself, and try to understand what I was missing.

The message he gets is that he doesn't have the permission to execute my game "exe" file.

He is the admin of the machin though any clues of what this might be?

CheGueVerra

Traveler
16-01-2008, 08:50 AM
What OS is he using?

Huehnerschaender
16-01-2008, 08:53 AM
I bet Vista :)