PDA

View Full Version : Rage 3D Engine question

Jimmy Valavanis
08-02-2008, 06:25 AM
System: Windows XP
Compiler: Delphi 7
Libararies: OpenGl / RageGL

I was taking a look to Rage 3D engine http://sourceforge.net/projects/rage-engine/ and I've found it quite interesting. Unfortunately it's not well documented and lacks of many examples. Has anyone played arround with it and provide me with some more examples (beside the SVN examples)?

Luuk van Venrooij
08-02-2008, 09:35 AM
I worked on the engine for quit some time. As far as I know the only tutorrials are posted on the webpage. You might want to Email Maarten to get the sourcecode from the tankgame created for the pgdc a few years back.

McCLaw
11-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Hmm, I'll have to get along with the SVN examples after all.

Hi Jimmy

I currently have some legal problems with the Name I'm using for the engine.

Onse these are resolved I'll be adding extra examples to show the rest of the workings of the code.

As far as I remember the code for our tank game can be found somewhere on the pascal game dev site, cant remeber where though :?

Please shout if you have any specific thigs you are stuggling with.

I'm always glad to help :)

Jimmy Valavanis
13-02-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm trying to make 3D terrain editor-viewer using your engine, and I've "played" a little with LoadTerrainHeightMap() proc (optimizing it and exapanded it a little to support water level), it's quite easy to work with your engine even if not well documented. If I've manage to make something good I'll drop you a note. :wink:

McCLaw
14-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm trying to make 3D terrain editor-viewer using your engine, and I've "played" a little with LoadTerrainHeightMap() proc (optimizing it and exapanded it a little to support water level), it's quite easy to work with your engine even if not well documented. If I've manage to make something good I'll drop you a note. :wink:

Coool :)

Keep me posted :)