PDA

View Full Version : Problems to configure Ubuntu Linux + FPC + JEDI-SDL

mfdavid
22-02-2008, 05:40 PM
System: Athon AMD 1800 with Ubuntu 7.10 512 RAM, GeForce 2 MX
IDE: none
Library: JEDI-SDL

Sorry to bother you guys with such a simple question... but I swear I tried it many many times with no success... :-( The instructions to configure SDL with FPC are really clear, but it just dont work... I´m sure I´m just doing something stupid, but can anyone give me a clue?

I´m using Ubuntu 7.10 and installed FPC from the apt-get repository. I download JEDI-SDL and unziped it to /home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/

Them I edit the /etc/fpc.cfg file and add this:

-Fi/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SDL/Pas

-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SDL/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SDL_Mixer/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SDL_Image/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SDL_Net/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SDL_ttf/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/smpeg/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SFont/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SDL_Sound/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SDLMonoFonts/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SDLSpriteEngine/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/SDLFilter/Pas
-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/ODE/Pas

And the path /home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/ is correct and contains all those subdirectorys.

Them I tried to compile some demos using:
fpc -Sd name.dpr

But the FPC returns an error saying he could not find the sdl unit.

Them I removed the FPC from apt-get and installed the oficial version (downloading the tar file and running the install.sh script). Same problem.......

Am I missing something?? Please help! I swear I´ll write a bunch of cool open source games with it :D

Thanks a lot,
Marcio

technomage
22-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi

First of there is no need to add each path seperately.

you just need

-Fi/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/*/Pas

-Fu/home/marcio/JEDI-SDL/*/Pas

second you're better of using the -Mdelphi rather that -Sd.

After that just double check the directory paths, keep an eye out for case sensitivity, I think this zip file was called JEDI-SDLv1.0 so it may have extracted to JEDI-SDLv1.0.

I also believe there is a fpc_install.sh shell script to install the library, it might be worth giving that a try?

mfdavid
22-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks. I´m sure the path was right. But I´ll try again as soon as I get home.

The install script did not work. Said something like "unexpected fi". I removed the "fi" line, and got the same error on another line. Removed the another line and got an error saying "expected fi" in the end of the script.. hehehe

I´ll try the -Mdelphi and the *. Thanks a lot for the reply.

savage
25-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Stay away from the shell script for now as I never finished writing it as I did not have the required knowledge to do it properly. Hence why you got so many errors.

Hmm, it seems a post I sent last week about directory location was lost.

you may want to try
-Fi~/marcio/JEDI-SDL/*/Pas

-Fu~/marcio/JEDI-SDL/*/Pas

just to be sure that it's picking up the "home" dir correctly.

mfdavid
26-02-2008, 07:38 PM
It´s working fine under linux now! :) But the file sdl.pas was missing from the .zip file.... I downloaded it from the internet and put it at /SDL/Pas and everything worked fine (both windows and linux)

Thanks.

technomage
26-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I just noticed that too. The latest version of missing sdl.pas.

savage
26-02-2008, 10:18 PM
I noticed this last night as well so a new Release Candidate has not been uploaded which contains the missing sdl.pas as well as fastevents.pas a new unit that mason wheeler ported.