PDA

View Full Version : Oxygene 3.0 command line compiler... where to download from?

Srki_82
20-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi!

I just searched www.remobjects.com for free command line compiler for Oxygene (it's free, right?), but I didn't have luck.

Does anyone have direct download link?

BTW, I can't find Linux version either.

paul_nicholls
30-07-2008, 03:00 AM
http://www.remobjects.com/freedownloads.asp?id={DC0A9947-5FED-4D34-8CC8-F2DCFA87A1FE}

cheers,
Paul

cronodragon
30-07-2008, 02:17 PM
That's so cool! :D Thanks for sharing the link...

I have VS2005 and tried to install it but I get this error when opening a sample project:

The application for project 'C:\Program Files\RemObjects Software\Oxygene\Samples\Command Line\Filefind\Filefind.oxygene' is not installed.

Make sure the application for the project type (.oxygene) is installed.

How can I associate Oxygene with VS2005? It was supposed to be associated in the installation, no idea what happens though :(

Anyway I can compile on the command line, it's so simple and fast as Delphi. But how do you construct a project without VS? :S

Thanks in advance!

paul_nicholls
31-07-2008, 02:44 AM
I'm afraid I have no idea how to create a project without VS.

To make things a bit easier for me with the file association of .oxygene files, I made a batch file containing the following code and saved it as Oxygene.bat in the oxygene bin folder:

call Oxygene %1 -rebuild
Pause

I then associated the .oxygene file type with that batch file.

Now I can double click on an .oxygene file and it will attempt to rebuild it for me.

PS. has anyone got any simple graphical examples of XNA code using oxygene that I could look at?

cheers,
Paul.

cronodragon
31-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks a lot! I bought Oxygene anyway, after trying it. It works great on XP, but I get a bug on Vista.

I made myself a test with Managed DirectX that works, it was pretty easy to implement, I'm happy :D

You might be interested to know that PascalGameDevelopment has a subdomain related to XNA:

http://chrome.pascalgamedevelopment.com/

There are several examples.

But I can't run those, since XNA refresh requires VS2005 with SP1, and Oxygene comes with VS2008 :P I'll have to get VS2005, or wait until M$ gives support to modern technology.

savage
31-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi Guys, I've been away in Venice for a few days.

The examples found @ http://chrome.pascalgamedevelopment.com/ are valid for XNA 1.x, but not 2.x or 3.x. I was waiting for the Chrome guys to updated their project format in Oxygene before upgrading them to 2.0. I got an email about an month ago saying that they now support Visual Studio's new project formate so it should not be easy to create some project templates for Chrome users.

I'm a but snowed under right now with some Mac OS X dev, but once that is finished I will see if I can whip up some XNA 2.x and 3.x templates.

If anyone want to do that before hand me, let me know and I may be able to point you in the right direction.

paul_nicholls
31-07-2008, 11:02 PM
@cronodragon: Thanks for the link :-)
@savage: Thanks for the link and the info, I will see what I can do with the info.

I have installed the Oxygene 3 command line compiler.
I have installed C# 2005 Express edition and am installing service pack 1.
I am about to install the XNA Game Studio 2 after the service pack 1 has installed.

I will see how I go :)

Keep up the great work guys :)

cheers,
Paul